Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 388

Thread: Newport County vs Exeter City official match day thread

  1. #361
    ramone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong !
    Posts
    2,986

    Re: Newport County vs Exeter City official match day thread

    Quote Originally Posted by geoffwp View Post
    Personally promotion would be mega and screw what happens next. I don't spend my life worrying about 'what if'. The only way to live is in the moment and if that moment included L1 football then all the better regardless of where it takes us then. I think its a load of old cobblers, all this rubbish about Tisdale doesn't want promotion or the club doesn't want it. Absolute rubbish put about mostly by those who like to spread disinformation or are just too miserable about the club to see any positive thing at all as per the post under yours.
    Great post Geoff ... well said.

    UTC.

  2. #362

    Re: Newport County vs Exeter City official match day thread

    Paul Tisdale you got your starting line up badly wrong yesterday and setting up like you did, lessons from Crawley and Colchester clearly not learnt...come on please!
    Last edited by Red Devon; 02 January 2018 at 21:24.

  3. #363

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pining for a Devon country pub.
    Posts
    8,360

    Re: Newport County vs Exeter City official match day thread

    Quote Originally Posted by geoffwp View Post
    Personally promotion would be mega and screw what happens next. I don't spend my life worrying about 'what if'. The only way to live is in the moment and if that moment included L1 football then all the better regardless of where it takes us then. I think its a load of old cobblers, all this rubbish about Tisdale doesn't want promotion or the club doesn't want it. Absolute rubbish put about mostly by those who like to spread disinformation or are just too miserable about the club to see any positive thing at all as per the post under yours.
    At the beginning of the season Tisdale stated that the goal was promotion this season. We have added quality players this season (Stockley, Boateng, the WBA lads) and therefore I will judge Tisdale on that. I think 6 seasons should be enough to get us promoted again. If we don"t renew Tisdale's contract deary me! Surely the club will never be able to find another manager again! We"ll never find a manager who fits into the club's ethos of being a fans-owned club (oops, I forgot Tis was always complaining about no money and being ****ed off cos the Trust terminated his roller). Of course , Tisdale groupies and buddies will be up in arms about my comments. Actually I wouldn't decide about his contract now, but I would judge him on our performance this year around end of March. But I wouldn't evaluate him based on him being a "nice guy", or because I was his buddy - it's about time his buddies stopped thinking about themselves and thought more about our onfield progress. Results and entertaining football is what the fans want.

  4. #364

    Re: Newport County vs Exeter City official match day thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint James View Post
    Pete, the Club Board as the legal entity issues all club contracts from the Bar staff, players, coaches and the Manager. There are of course BOS trustees on the Club Board who would be privy to the discussion over a new contract at the appropriate Board Meeting but that would be the contract as agreed between the Manager and the Chair of the Board (namely JT). There would of course be an opportunity for the BOS trustees under part B of their agenda to discuss any relevant factors they feel should be within the contract offered but I have no idea as to whether this has or will be happening.
    That may be the case but Tisdale and no doubt Perryman make all decitions on the players they acquire and on field decitions, even the fans who I have spoken to who just love to watch football and don't claim a great football game awareness are seeing someone very unxeplainable decitions and choices, it just make one wonder sometimes if there is method behind the MADNESS!
    Last edited by Slogger; 03 January 2018 at 09:19.

  5. #365
    Antony Moxey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Exmuff
    Posts
    38,766

    Re: Newport County vs Exeter City official match day thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Slogger View Post
    That may be the case but Tisdale and no doubt Perryman make all decitions on the players they acquire and on field decisions.
    Well that’s their jobs, or do you think someone else should do that?

  6. #366

    Re: Newport County vs Exeter City official match day thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Antony Moxey View Post
    Well that’s their jobs, or do you think someone else should do that?
    The point was that just maybe some powers may not relish promotion due to there comfort zone hence the seemingly rediculous changes to a achieving starting 11.

  7. #367

    Re: Newport County vs Exeter City official match day thread

    And!! Maybe if we were to struggle in league one then potentially we won't be selling player for big bucks, it works for the financial side and the Manager keeps his job with no abuse from the stands if we do ok in this league but it's lame on the fans who pay every week thinking that we are striving for promotion when"just maybe" there are allterior motives of all kinds keeping us where we are.
    Last edited by Slogger; 03 January 2018 at 10:15.

  8. #368

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pining for a Devon country pub.
    Posts
    8,360

    Re: Newport County vs Exeter City official match day thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Slogger View Post
    And!! Maybe if we were to struggle in league one then potentially we won't be selling player for big bucks, it works for the financial side and the Manager keeps his job with no abuse from the stands if we do ok in this league but it's lame on the fans who pay every week thinking that we are striving for promotion when"just maybe" there are allterior motives of all kinds keeping us where we are.
    Slogger. If Tisdale could manipulate the results so that he won when he wanted to and lost when he wanted to do he really would be the greatest manager of all time. I don't think that's the problem. I think the problem is he worries far too much about the opposition, even when they are clearly cr*p. Remember his "rubic cube" analogy. Another analogy would be chess player, but not always a very good one. We have 2 good wingers in Edwards and Holmes. Why doesn't he play them together? Maybe he thinks we'll get overrun in midfield, but we usually are overrun anyway!
    To summarize, I believe Tisdale is overcautious, over-
    analyzes, asks players to do what is not natural for them to fit in to his analysis of the game, farks around with the team too much, and waits too long when his plan is clearly going wrong. His overall win rate in 600 games is 38%.His overall goal difference is probably close to zero. These are not terrible statistics but they're pretty average ones. He has done good things for City at times, but rarely consistently. Some of our managers have been much worse than Tis, and some have been better, if we include results AND entertainment value. Why not just send out our best (attacking) team and let them play : sometimes they look scared to be in the wrong place or move forward.

  9. #369

    Re: Newport County vs Exeter City official match day thread

    Newport boss Mike Flynn told BBC Sport Wales: "It was an outstanding performance form the boys, especially the first half where we just completely dominated. The first 10 minutes of the second half we looked like we'd been on the drink at half time because we started slowly, but after conceding we knuckled down again, got back on top and thankfully we got the winner."
    Last edited by The Proper Chap; 03 January 2018 at 10:51.

  10. #370
    Antony Moxey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Exmuff
    Posts
    38,766

    Re: Newport County vs Exeter City official match day thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Slogger View Post
    The point was that just maybe some powers may not relish promotion due to there comfort zone hence the seemingly rediculous changes to a achieving starting 11.
    Well if that is the point then it's a f***ing stupid one. Only a complete idiot would think that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •