Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Newport County vs Exeter City official match day thread

Re: Newport County vs Exeter City official match day thread

Quote Originally Posted by geoffwp View Post
    Do you know I never would have thought of that. I reckon having taken the club to two promotions he probably thinks a third would bring bad luck. What do you think?
    Not so much bad luck just comfortable in his role, I hear (as I wasn't in the area last yr) the fans were demanding his head this time last yr so what would they be like if we cot promotion and then weren't up to the job , I think he had a bit of "better the devile you know " complacency.

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at SJP

It does make you wonder how much the club want promotion sometimes - there does seem a "comfort" in being a league 2 side who sell a young player now and then and have a few quid in the bank.

That personally bores me to tears , but understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by STURTZ View Post
    Reid wasn't playing the same role, he had McAlinden alongside. Hoofing the ball to Stockley from our own half and hoping he can win the ball, control it, shield it until our plodding midfielders can get forward is too much to ask. Put in people like Macca, Holmes or Edwards, players that can get to the goal line and cross and we might see Stockley profiting from his strength and ability to attack the ball.

Saturday's team was a joke, even the decision to leave out Boateng, another player that can carry the ball forward from midfield, was inexplicable.
    Spot on, with respect its not difficult to see, or is it? I cant understand why the manager has suddenly resorted to route one football whilst sacrificing our actual players who are "footballers"

Quote Originally Posted by Slogger View Post
    what would they be like if we cot promotion and then weren't up to the job .
    Personally promotion would be mega and screw what happens next. I don't spend my life worrying about 'what if'. The only way to live is in the moment and if that moment included L1 football then all the better regardless of where it takes us then. I think its a load of old cobblers, all this rubbish about Tisdale doesn't want promotion or the club doesn't want it. Absolute rubbish put about mostly by those who like to spread disinformation or are just too miserable about the club to see any positive thing at all as per the post under yours.

Fake news!

I thought we'd got past the old "Hold them for an hour, invite them onto us then bring on the strikers and hit them on the break" of yore. It never worked then and it doesn't work now. Our defence isn't good enough for that.
    Last edited by STURTZ; 02 January 2018 at 19:11.

Quote Originally Posted by CREDYGRECIAN View Post
    It does make you wonder how much the club want promotion sometimes - there does seem a "comfort" in being a league 2 side who sell a young player now and then and have a few quid in the bank.

That personally bores me to tears , but understand it.

hey, were run by, in the main city fans, and i've never met a fan yet who didnt want their club promoted and there aint that many at our level thats spent 100 g's on a player, and IMO and from what i've heard, tisdale's amibiton is to leave a legavcy ie getting us to the championship which personally the money we've recieved recently and are likely to recieve in the not so distant will let him do. Overall the club imo are in the best shape in the last 50 ish yrs ambition,,,, never in doubt, ability to achieve the ambition has always been the stumbling bloc not so now.
    Last edited by 007; 02 January 2018 at 19:31.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteUSA View Post
    So SJ, are the club board (including of course Tagg) the people dealing with Tisdales contract, with no input from the trust?
    Pete, the Club Board as the legal entity issues all club contracts from the Bar staff, players, coaches and the Manager. There are of course BOS trustees on the Club Board who would be privy to the discussion over a new contract at the appropriate Board Meeting but that would be the contract as agreed between the Manager and the Chair of the Board (namely JT). There would of course be an opportunity for the BOS trustees under part B of their agenda to discuss any relevant factors they feel should be within the contract offered but I have no idea as to whether this has or will be happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint James View Post
    Pete, the Club Board as the legal entity issues all club contracts from the Bar staff, players, coaches and the Manager. There are of course BOS trustees on the Club Board who would be privy to the discussion over a new contract at the appropriate Board Meeting but that would be the contract as agreed between the Manager and the Chair of the Board (namely JT). There would of course be an opportunity for the BOS trustees under part B of their agenda to discuss any relevant factors they feel should be within the contract offered but I have no idea as to whether this has or will be happening.
    So why haven't they offered tis a contract by now, it seems abit odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Red View Post
    So why haven't they offered tis a contract by now, it seems abit odd.
    You know that a new contract hasn't been offered?

Maybe because he’s got 9 months of his current contract left and he’s a bit of a whingeing bastard, so they’re waiting and seeing?