Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Newport County vs Exeter City official match day thread

Re: Newport County vs Exeter City official match day thread

Quote Originally Posted by Red faced View Post
    Well yes there is a "merely" about it, in as much as we have done what had to be done for the very reasons you explained yourself ie the place was in a poor state and it needed restoration. I'm not downplaying what the club has done, so don't try and spin what I am saying. I am simply saying that we have upgraded dire areas of the stadium where it was badly needed & nothing more. Let's not make out that we are replicating the Allianz Arena here.

The full debt we inherited wasn't paid back due to the hard graft if the trust was it, as admirable as it is...sorry for the reality but let's remember it was mainly because 90% of the debt was wiped out and we played Man U..

You obv are happy with how the team are playing and how are things turning out. My view is clearly less rose-tinted & I find it funny that "the big picture analogy" gets used so often and "things will get better" after we have played so badly. Unfortunately this is all too often and we seem to be heading in the wrong direction on the pitch..or at least in no direction. Im still waiting for things to get better and when I see the coach compliment a poor performance in the arrogant way he does and almost dares the reporter to question him, I actually find if quite offensive. I'm fed up of seeing reporters getting scolded by Tisdale like he's fkn Putin..

Sorry for wanting the team to do well and I'm glad that they are performing for you..
    You can see I'm not exactly a happy clapper from my previous posts but I must say I didn't see any arrogance in the post-match interview. The reporter asked standard questions and Tizzy gave standard answers. The reporter asked a question about JMT, Tizzy answered and then the reporter asked the same question again, obviously fishing to find out if rumours about JMT being transferred are true . Tisdale can be arrogant sometimes but in this particular case IMO he wasn't.
    Last edited by IndoMike; 02 January 2018 at 01:35.

Quote Originally Posted by IndoMike View Post
    You can see I'm not exactly a happy clapper from my previous posts but I must say I didn't see any arrogance in the post-match interview. The reporter asked standard questions and Tizzy gave standard answers. The reporter asked a question about JMT, Tizzy answered and then the reporter asked the same question again, obviously fishing to find out if rumours about JMT being transferred are true . Tisdale can be arrogant sometimes but in this particular case IMO he wasn't.
    Fair enough - used to be a big fan of Tisdale and enjoyed how he broke the game down and talked about it but he carries a smugness nowadays IMO, so I don't watch all of his interviews anymore - it seems he shuts reporters down and can be very patronising if he doesn't like the line of questioning. I thought he was pretty rude when questioned abut JMT but yes you're right he's def been worse. The arrogance I refer to was more that he was so confident that we played so well. He said himself that we had no plan and just went man-to-man with Newport , which was exactly how it looked but it didnt work out too well did it so I really cant see why he would want us to keep playing like we did..Even if we had sneaked a draw I would be thinking the same..

Quote Originally Posted by Red faced View Post
    Fair enough - used to be a big fan of Tisdale and enjoyed how he broke the game down and talked about it but he carries a smugness nowadays IMO, so I don't watch all of his interviews anymore - it seems he shuts reporters down and can be very patronising if he doesn't like the line of questioning. I thought he was pretty rude when questioned abut JMT but yes you're right he's def been worse. The arrogance I refer to was more that he was so confident that we played so well. He said himself that we had no plan and just went man-to-man with Newport , which was exactly how it looked but it didnt work out too well did it so I really cant see why he would want us to keep playing like we did..Even if we had sneaked a draw I would be thinking the same..
    He often says we played well when we didn't. Perhaps he means the players followed his instructions.

I think Pym definitely needs a break, but unfortunately I dont think Hamon is anything more than emergency cover. He's averaging a poor goal a game now, and like the one v Newport, they're costing us points.

Do we know the extent of Pym's injuries?

I thought Seaborne had a poor game, looks like it'll take a while for him to be up to L2 speed.

What on earth did TAH think he was doing giving away that free kick on the edge of the box towards the end of the game? Totally stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Red View Post
    How long will it be before the trust offer tisdale a new contract or don't the trust want to give him a new contract ?
    A long time before the Trust offer Tis a contract! All contracts are with the Club Board excepting though that I assume the Trust has an agreed position on the matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Saint James View Post
    A long time before the Trust offer Tis a contract! All contracts are with the Club Board excepting though that I assume the Trust has an agreed position on the matter?
    So SJ, are the club board (including of course Tagg) the people dealing with Tisdales contract, with no input from the trust?

Quote Originally Posted by Hants_red View Post
    Do we know the extent of Pym's injuries?
    So is Pym injured?

I fear Tisdale fears promotion and is far to comfortable with his lot !! He ain't this daft I'm sure when he had a mixture of power pace and skill sitting on the bench, yesterday yet again we were void of any ideas ,we could have introduced all 3 subs earlier to offer something a bit different especially up front, JS might have scored which I suppose is ultimately his job but the other 85+ minutes he was a bloody waist of a start as was LJ, I'd love to see what they are doing in training to keep being first on the team sheet but it isn't translating to the game .

Quote Originally Posted by PeteUSA View Post
    So is Pym injured?
    Do you never go to sleep? It’s 04:15 in Phoenix.