Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Newport County vs Exeter City official match day thread

Re: Newport County vs Exeter City official match day thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Proper Chap View Post

I'm not saying Jay is a great player who should be playing regularly however Tisdale picked him on Sat, he plays relatively well and he's dropped from the squad completely, does this happen at any other league club ?
    A player in the side one game then dropped/rested in a subsequent game? I'd be surprised if that didn't happen at most if not all clubs.

Interview from Paul Tisdale post match today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3tGB2LLgEY

Quote Originally Posted by geoffwp View Post
    A player in the side one game then dropped/rested in a subsequent game? I'd be surprised if that didn't happen at most if not all clubs.
    When they have played well and should be relatively fresh due to limited game time this season ?

I doubt it happens that often other than at the very big clubs.

If he played poorly that is fair enough, most people I have spoken to / read comments from consider that he played quite well.
    Last edited by The Proper Chap; 01 January 2018 at 23:02.

Thats a first for Tisdale during the above interview, well and truly throwing Pym under the bus with the "Christy should have saved it"! He's correct of course, but I didnt think I'd ever hear Tisdale apportioning blame like that on one individual.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteUSA View Post
    Thats a first for Tisdale during the above interview, well and truly throwing Pym under the bus with the "Christy should have saved it"! He's correct of course, but I didnt think I'd ever hear Tisdale apportioning blame like that on one individual.
    He's obviously been listening to you then.

Not sure you could call that 'chucking him under a bus' though Pete, rare as it might be.

Quote Originally Posted by citizen View Post
    No need to sack him ,he will be out of contract in November. , unless a deal has been done. .
    How long will it be before the trust offer tisdale a new contract or don't the trust want to give him a new contract ?

Quote Originally Posted by ramone View Post
    Just to pick up on this bit for now .... Take a look at Yeovil , Cheltenham , Luton , Didn't that lot down the road have a stand condemned ? there are quite a few away ends that were in as bad if not worse conditions than the OG and away end at ours tbh.
    Possibly yes - I wouldn't know..In truth tho our away end was a complete embarrassment and rightfully a constant cause of complaint with away fans..My point is that the upgrades are necessary & overdue , given where football is today..

Quote Originally Posted by Red faced View Post
    As for the stadium, we have merely updated it way later than it should have been. There cant be many other clubs who's stadium developments have lagged further behind ours. Up until just last season our away facilities have been pretty much seen as the worst in the entire league - We're only updating now because we have to and because there was an away end going cheap.
    There's no 'merely' about it. We took over a club with huge debts, no assets, a bad pitch with crap drainage, an away end that was appalling, an Old Grandstand that was always a season away from being condemned, an unfinished Main Stand full of rubble and a Big Bank Stand done on the cheap with none of the possible space underneath usable, and all the available FA/League development grants used up. That's the ground.

We've also secured a long term commitment to the training ground and massively upgraded that.
    Last edited by Spoonz Red E; 01 January 2018 at 23:45.

If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong !

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    and gets annoyed with simple questions from reporters about missing players like JMT.
    TBF the reporter guy has previous for asking questions he already knows the answer's to, and once Tis told him what was wrong with JMT he asked it again to see if he could glean something extra.

If you ask someone if they want a cup of tea and the reply is NO would you ask the exact same question ? Same thing really.