Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Newport County vs Exeter City official match day thread

Re: Newport County vs Exeter City official match day thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sexton Blake View Post
    Oh yes it is unfortunately it is the execution of the solution which is not simple.
    Right. So you now speak for every life long fan do you?

Quote Originally Posted by LDNGrecian View Post
    Are all 'life long supporters' wanting Tis to be sacked?
    Simple answer yes
    2 points off 3rd place with a game in hand. Third round of the FA cup. Youth team topping their league and looking good in the Premier U21 Cup. 17 home wins and 100 goals in the last calendar year. Money in the bank and more to come. Still a strong squad for the last 4 months of the season (or did the season end today and nobody told me about it?).

The worst season since I started supporting the club.

Oh yes it is unfortunately it is the execution of the solution which is not simple.
    Never took you for an arrogant type. You don't speak for me so you don't speak for all life long supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffwp View Post
    Never took you for an arrogant type. You don't speak for me so you don't speak for all life long supporters.
    Doesn’t speak for me either (supporter since 1959)
    Fortunately Spoonz provides a voice of reason and makes a compelling argument for a “like” button on this site.

If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong !

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonz Red E View Post
    2 points off 3rd place with a game in hand. Third round of the FA cup. Youth team topping their league and looking good in the Premier U21 Cup. 17 home wins and 100 goals in the last calendar year. Money in the bank and more to come. Still a strong squad for the last 4 months of the season (or did the season end today and nobody told me about it?).

Nice one Mike Been up City since I was 13 yr old and don't want to lose a manager in January.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonz Red E View Post

What a year it has been. So many great wins and so many successes. We are struggling to adapt to life post Wheeler and Watkins - the way we play has had to adapt and we're not there yet. The other major factor (like last season) is a settled defence. We always struggle when the defence has to chop and change due to injuries.

I am not enjoying the football I have witnessed recently but we will come good again.

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at SJP

Managers going nowhere we're all aware of that - 9 defeats already mind this season the 2nd most in the top half of the table - the likelihood is we will get knocked out by WBA & January sees some tough league 2 fixtures

Are we in reality really any further toward today than we was 5 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by CREDYGRECIAN View Post
    Managers going nowhere we're all aware of that - 9 defeats already mind this season the 2nd most in the top half of the table - the likelihood is we will get knocked out by WBA & January sees some tough league 2 fixtures

Are we in reality really any further toward today than we was 5 years ago?
    Yep. Waited five years for r today.

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at SJP

Just seen the the goals and Pym has had a doomer with the 2nd....

I've just watched the post match interview with Tis on the club's Facebook page and his view of the match completely contrasts with mates I've spoken to tonight who travelled to Newport and described it ias terrible, particularly in the 1st half.

His arrogance and disdain for supporters is really going to turn fans off, when he says things like it was a really good performance and gets annoyed with simple questions from reporters about missing players like JMT. He's lucky they didn't ask him about his negative line up and leaving players like Holmes and Jay out. Successful teams have a settled line up, but tinker Tis knows better and has to change it for nearly every game!