Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Newport County vs Exeter City official match day thread

Re: Newport County vs Exeter City official match day thread

Quote Originally Posted by PeteUSA View Post
    Pym is really badly off form.
    the rad boys DID v briefly if pym could have 'done better' but didnt really expand . but we'll c.

not sure wether THAT justifies being off form, but we aint winning so , rightly or wrongly,questions are/doubts are gonna be raised
    Last edited by 007; 01 January 2018 at 19:10.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    the rad boys DID v briefly if pym could have 'done better' but didnt really expand . but we'll c.
    Tisdale was not too impressed either although in his interview he did say that saves made by Pym in earlier games had won us points.

Made up my mind re Tisdale, Tagg and the fancy dress toenailer several seasons ago, not least because of the Brasil fiasco. Wembley made no difference, nor a draw against Liverpool U-21s. I donít agree with sacking managers willy-nilly but neither should it be a job for life. This club is awash with money and the only thing that has changed since relegation is that we now win at home and lose away.

What a waste of millions, and there is no guarantee whatsoever that the club will generate such wealth again. And yes, he IS arrogant
    Last edited by globegrecian; 01 January 2018 at 19:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Sexton Blake View Post
    Oh yes it is unfortunately it is the execution of the solution which is not simple.
    And you're saying Tisdale is arrogant when you're claiming to hold the opinion of every 'lifelong' supporter of ECFC?

Quote Originally Posted by CREDYGRECIAN View Post
    Newport away is never easy....the pitch , the place (hell hole) there style of play.....

Everyone knows that so the starting 11 selection is just baffling.

I've said from the start we're miles from being a top 7 side
    Newport is quite nice now Credy..Nice swish flats & a few quid spent on the city centre that makes Sidwell St & the bus station look like Beirut in the 1980s.

The pitch was good today,canít blame that old chestnut in South Wales..Agree with the other points you have made.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldsmobile-88 View Post
    Newport is quite nice now Credy..Nice swish flats & a few quid spent on the city centre that makes Sidwell St & the bus station look like Beirut in the 1980s.

The pitch was good today,canít blame that old chestnut in South Wales..Agree with the other points you have made.
    Some can;

ďIt was really difficult conditions Ė the pitch looked good but with the wind and the pitch was wet, it was a very difficult set of conditions and it took us a while to adjust to it".

Guess who reportedly said that.....

I think it was more than realistic to have expected a minimum of 6 points from the last 3 games, excluding FGR. Instead, Tisdale has dicked around with the side and we have scraped a lucky 3 points against Barnet - I have never understood why we choose to sit back against teams near the bottom.

If he wanted to rest players today, there was an obvious opportunity to use the West Brom loanees, which would also have provided a little more pace in the side. Bizarre selections and tactics are a common theme during his tenure, but I do believe the players are capable of much more given the freedom to do so.

The next few league games after West Brom are likely to provide a much stiffer test.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Martin (CTID) View Post
    Some can;

“It was really difficult conditions – the pitch looked good but with the wind and the pitch was wet, it was a very difficult set of conditions and it took us a while to adjust to it".

Guess who reportedly said that.....
    Ha...Not surprised really Pete.I think he has forgotten how well we played on the mud heap last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldsmobile-88 View Post
    Ha...Not surprised really Pete.I think he has forgotten how well we played on the mud heap last season.
    You mean when we battered them on a poor surface with pace and width? Today’s team selection was a joke.

The prognosis for Stockley, according to Tis, is a possible broken nose, and a trip to hospital when he gets back to Exeter.