Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Newport County vs Exeter City official match day thread

Re: Newport County vs Exeter City official match day thread

Take a look at our last ten games, excluding the cup, tells you clearly we are inconsistent.

Now consider the timescale of the change in our tactics and the playing of two big men up front, whilst dropping our attack minded players (Macca, Lee Holmes to name but two) whilst playing another on the wing in Taylor....there is a clear link.

Lets be honest, we've become a long ball team, a hit and hope and this only changes when we have "footballers" on the pitch. Like timor hate him, there was a moment against Barnet when Harley had the ball three defenders around him, held the ball and then delivered a perfect through ball on the ground.

Get back to playing the ball to feet, use our wingers, be creative and lets see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    Something isn't right with the team at the moment and it's hard to remember how good we looked at the start of the season. Once again Tis seems to have lost the plot and gone ultra cautious with his team selections and surely he must realise that it isn't"t working and must adopt a more attacking approach again or otherwise we will end the season in mid table at best.

With the quality we have in the squad not making at least the play offs would be a major disappointment and questions must surely be asked if we continue to under perform.
    We have been underperforming since the Cov match. Questions have been asked for ages but only by people like us. Ive been following City since '75 & I really believe that the general expectation of the club & team is so low & indifferent that changes will never ever be really forced ...This sh*t wouldn't be allowed to happen in Wolverhampton, Ipswich or Sheffield for such lengthy periods that we have had to endure ( ie since the club was founded!!). But we are a small club and there are literally no negative consequences to anyone if we fail to get promoted are there? So the sad reality is that we will underperform & we will most likely continue to underperform with little or no change for the foreseeable future because nobody with any influence will change anything. And this is what frustrates me...

Sadly we have had a manager , who will probably go down as our longest ever serving and his record for success will prove to be proportionatly brief, given time he has been here. I dread to think how bad things must get for Tisdale to leave - but until then the solemn, if steady, beat goes on. I would love to think that things will change but after 42 years of mostly underperforming, I wouldn't put my house on it..

Onwards & upwards LOL

Quote Originally Posted by LDNGrecian View Post
    Are all 'life long supporters' wanting Tis to be sacked?
    Simple answer yes but we do not have the ownership model which allows us to take such action and as sure as hell those in the cosy little cartel in charge of the running of the Club (of which Tisdale is a member) will not be doing anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sexton Blake View Post
    Simple answer yes but we do not have the ownership model which allows us to take such action and as sure as hell those in the cosy little cartel in charge of the running of the Club (of which Tisdale is a member) will not be doing anything about it.
    The simple answer most certainly isn’t ‘yes’.

Quote Originally Posted by Sexton Blake View Post
    While I'm not advocating Tis' sacking, surely the ownership model is such that supporters at Exeter have the ability to affect far more influence than supporters at pretty much any other club?!

Quote Originally Posted by geoffwp View Post
    Utter unadulterated tosh. The manager is malevolent?? Yeh sure. He stands and watches the game wearing bat wings and vampire teeth.
    Check the dictionary before you respond, no reference to bat wings or vampire teeth, appreciate the image though!

Quote Originally Posted by Egg View Post
    While I'm not advocating Tis' sacking, surely the ownership model is such that supporters at Exeter have the ability to affect far more influence than supporters at pretty much any other club?!
    I suspect that Perryman's recent comments would suggest that the Trust is influencing decisions more since the furore around ending the manager's two year rolling contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Red faced View Post
    We have been underperforming since the Cov match. Questions have been asked for ages but only by people like us. Ive been following City since '75 & I really believe that the general expectation of the club & team is so low & indifferent that changes will never ever be really forced ...This sh*t wouldn't be allowed to happen in Wolverhampton, Ipswich or Sheffield for such lengthy periods that we have had to endure ( ie since the club was founded!!). But we are a small club and there are literally no negative consequences to anyone if we fail to get promoted are there? So the sad reality is that we will underperform & we will most likely continue to underperform with little or no change for the foreseeable future because nobody with any influence will change anything. And this is what frustrates me...

Sadly we have had a manager , who will probably go down as our longest ever serving and his record for success will prove to be proportionatly brief, given time he has been here. I dread to think how bad things must get for Tisdale to leave - but until then the solemn, if steady, beat goes on. I would love to think that things will change but after 42 years of mostly underperforming, I wouldn't put my house on it..

Onwards & upwards LOL
    Exactly as I have been saying until I am blue in the face this is the basic failing of our ownership model. No one with any influence will try or indeed want to change it. They are all incredibly fortunate in having a Football Club as a plaything to enjoy the kudos when, as has occasionally happened, the Club has been successful without risking or standing to lose anything, whether status or money, when the Club fails.

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at SJP

Newport away is never easy....the pitch , the place (hell hole) there style of play.....

Everyone knows that so the starting 11 selection is just baffling.

I've said from the start we're miles from being a top 7 side & I do feel we will finish between 10th-12th come the end of the season, the sad thing is it's not because the team is good enough to finish top 7 it's down to the constant chopping and changing and over complicated tactics (the same it's been since we came back to league 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Antony Moxey View Post
    The simple answer most certainly isn’t ‘yes’.
    Oh yes it is unfortunately it is the execution of the solution which is not simple.