• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

WBA Prediction Thread

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Watching WBA v Arsenal Pardew playing his strongest side. As we know WBA currently bottom of the Prem but looking at their team they do have a number of decent and experienced Prem players Ben Foster (ex Tivy Town), Gareth Barry, Johnny Evans and Robson-Kanu.

Anybody’s guess how Pardew will view the game against us but if he decides to play a similar strength side we would be struggling. Gut feeling having recently arrived in the hot seat he is not going to want to be remembered as the manager of a WBA team beaten by a fourth tier side so would be surprised if he chooses to follow Klopp’s example of a couple of seasons ago.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
They don't really have the squad to make wholesale changes......

I'd imagine Livermore , Foster & Evans would be the ones who he would rest - leave at home.

As for the score line - they don't score many & if we go long they will defend that easily.

0-0 and a trip to the Baggies

andrew p long

the WBA bench today looks pretty strong even if they make 11 changes. Burke cost £15m in the summer; Krychowiak has 41 caps for Poland,won the Europa League two seasons running with Sevilla and is on loan from his 5 year contract with Paris St Germain.

Antony Moxey

With ten minutes to go to half time they’re holding Arsenal fairly comfortably. Certainly if they put that side out against us they’ll have no problem progressing to R4. However, the danger (for them) is that given their position in the table they may well see the FA Cup as an unnecessary distraction and put out a reserve side and save their more senior players for the Premiership.

Of course their reserves should still be more than enough to get the better of us in one go, but it’s not always the case as Liverpool very nearly found out. I reckon a scrappy and completely devoid of any quality 0-2 with West Brom not needing to exert themselves too much to get a result.

Colesman Ballz

With ten minutes to go to half time they’re holding Arsenal fairly comfortably. Certainly if they put that side out against us they’ll have no problem progressing to R4. However, the danger (for them) is that given their position in the table they may well see the FA Cup as an unnecessary distraction and put out a reserve side and save their more senior players for the Premiership.

Of course their reserves should still be more than enough to get the better of us in one go, but it’s not always the case as Liverpool very nearly found out. I reckon a scrappy and completely devoid of any quality 0-2 with West Brom not needing to exert themselves too much to get a result.
They are of course playing again in two days time at West Ham, before coming to us on Saturday, which I expect to mean a fair degree of rotation, or if not, some very weary legs ! Pardew will certainly be more focused on Premiership survival, and I would suggest will take the opportunity to try lesser members of the squad in order to assess them under match conditions.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
There doing alright here WBA....

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
The quality outside their first team squad is there to be seen with our two loanees. However as this is a prediction thread I think we'll beat them.

1-0 .Jordan Moore-Taylor.

Rog H K

WBA get 2 men sent off both last man incidents giving penalties aways twice in panic as city rampage a 4-1 win.

andrew p long

WBA get 2 men sent off both last man incidents giving penalties aways twice in panic as city rampage a 4-1 win.
what odds doyou think you'll get on a 4-1 City win?

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong

Last edited: