Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: WBA Prediction Thread

Re: WBA Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by STURTZ View Post
    Can't tell what will happen, WBA in dire trouble in the premiership, may play a weakened side (then again so might we!).

One interesting factor could be that very strong winds are forecast from the NE at the moment, the opposite of the usual, could be important.
    Might make hoofing difficult....

Quote Originally Posted by IndoMike View Post
    Pardew will be on a big bonus to keep the Baggies up and his players are knackered and depressed after playing 2 games in 2 days. It's better for him to give his first teamers a rest : it would be even more embarrassing and demoralising for him and the team if he played his first team and they lost. It has to be about survival for him and fark the FA Cup.
    Yep. Watching MOTD last night WBA are clearly knackered and depressed. I think he'll rest them all. It's a no win situation for him if he plays the 1st team (sad to say that about the FA Cup but you know what I mean). He'll want the 1st team fit for their next game against Brighton. If he plays the kids/reserves he'll have a nice excuse ........... They won't want a replay.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelios View Post
    Yep. Watching MOTD last night WBA are clearly knackered and depressed. I think he'll rest them all. It's a no win situation for him if he plays the 1st team (sad to say that about the FA Cup but you know what I mean). He'll want the 1st team fit for their next game against Brighton. If he plays the kids/reserves he'll have a nice excuse ........... They won't want a replay.
    Only guessing -like all of us-that he might play his first choice defenders but then give a chance to some of his younger second/third choice runners who will hope to be able to impress him on the day.

I wonder what Wilson and Edwards are doing this week. They obviously can't play for us on Saturday. Would WBA be tapping them up for info? I wonder where their priorities lie.

WBA started the season with 1-0 wins at home to Bournemouth. and away to Burnley, and then a 3-1 victory at Accrington in the League Cup second round on the 22nd August ! Since then they have played 20 more Premier Lge games Won 0, Drawn 10, Lost 10, Goals For 14, Against 30, and lost their 3rd Rnd League Cup match, so 21 matches without a win. They have a distinct problem scoring goals, but don't leak that many either. Pardew tried unsuccessfully to get last night's game at West Ham postponed on grounds of fixture congestion and player fatigue, so player rotation is likely to be a very tempting to him.

There is a chance, however slim, of us pulling off an upset, but so much depends on Tizzy's team selection and tactics. It has to be a Liverpool Home type of performance, rather than the away nightmare. We need to cram as much speed and youthful zest into both the starting eleven, and the bench, and "go for the throat" rather than park the bus and try and snatch something in the last fifteen minutes. They are a team drained of confidence, and we must not hand them the initiative.

Quote Originally Posted by Colesman Ballz View Post
    WBA started the season with 1-0 wins at home to Bournemouth. and away to Burnley, and then a 3-1 victory at Accrington in the League Cup second round on the 22nd August ! Since then they have played 20 more Premier Lge games Won 0, Drawn 10, Lost 10, Goals For 14, Against 30, and lost their 3rd Rnd League Cup match, so 21 matches without a win. They have a distinct problem scoring goals, but don't leak that many either. Pardew tried unsuccessfully to get last night's game at West Ham postponed on grounds of fixture congestion and player fatigue, so player rotation is likely to be a very tempting to him.

There is a chance, however slim, of us pulling off an upset, but so much depends on Tizzy's team selection and tactics. It has to be a Liverpool Home type of performance, rather than the away nightmare. We need to cram as much speed and youthful zest into both the starting eleven, and the bench, and "go for the throat" rather than park the bus and try and snatch something in the last fifteen minutes. They are a team drained of confidence, and we must not hand them the initiative.
    I hope we do go for the throat, but it would be a major surprise if we did. Just not our style is it? We don't play high risk football. We always hand our opponents the initiative, but against WBA we'll probably have to.

Quote Originally Posted by rustle View Post
    Reckon a 1 1 is the best we can hope for but losing 0 2 more likely. If they can manage without those quality loanees it suggests they have some good players outside their first choice eleven.
    Do you mean those quality loanees who aren't in our first choice 11?

I predict Oliver Burke will start and tear us a new one. WBA will play a weakened team but Burke is a class apart and stuck in their reserves, he'll be too much for us I think.

City 0-3 WBA infront of 6037.

Matt Philips is injured and won't be playing for them which is a relief as when he played against us for Sheff Utd we never laid a glove on him. He was a class above that day.