• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

need to buy newport tickets from club pdq

can anyone help please ....My grandson is at the match today but I need to buy tickets for Newport....he has no spare cash so if I buy them online now will they be available for him to collect after today's match ???...........I know they're available on the gate but recent events mean I need to have two seating not standing .....thanks......back to work in 15 mins so here's hoping

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
You can pay on the day at Newport...Sorry just read your post.

Pretty sure you can pay on the day to sit under cover.I did that last season.

Last edited:
You can pay on the day at Newport...Sorry just read your post.

Pretty sure you can pay on the day to sit under cover.I did that last season.
Thanks Olds, I knew about the potg but we were allocated an extra 200 seating the other day so it seems our quota is selling well and I feared missing out on a seat.

I suppose my query in a nutshell is " How long is the timeframe between buying away ticket online from home and someone else already at the match collecting from ticket booth ? "

When I tried to buy online at 12.30pm today the Newport option had disappeared.

Spoonz Red E

Thanks Olds, I knew about the potg but we were allocated an extra 200 seating the other day so it seems our quota is selling well and I feared missing out on a seat.

I suppose my query in a nutshell is " How long is the timeframe between buying away ticket online from home and someone else already at the match collecting from ticket booth ? "

When I tried to buy online at 12.30pm today the Newport option had disappeared.
On a normal weekday, online orders are picked up pretty quickly for posting and collection. Any existing ticket order can be put together quickly at the counter once it has been made.
We would have closed the Newport online option earlier today as everyone has match duties which prevents monitoring new orders.

We've sent back 89 covered stand seat tickets at the side and 97 uncovered seat tickets behind the goal.
364 tickets only sold in advance so there should be no problem buying on the day.

Last edited:

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
We've sent back 89 covered stand seat tickets at the side and 97 uncovered seat tickets behind the goal. 364 tickets only sold in advance so there should be no problem buying on the day.
Slightly surprised at this figure. West Brom taking priority?

Spoonz Red E

I think there'll be a fair few pay on the day but expect a lower figure than previous years.
A lot of matches recently with the away matches at Forest Green & Yeovil included. Add on the replay against FGR and the West Brom game plus Yeovil & Coventry next up at home and Newport seems to be the game that's taken the hit.

Red Devon

Newport seems to be the game that's taken the hit.
Newport last Saturday and Yeovil on New Years Day would have been a better combo!

Taking into account Boxing day's match it's more likely a case of wait see what the weather brings on the day and potg.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Taking into account Boxing day's match it's more likely a case of wait see what the weather brings on the day and potg.
We took a (surprisingly precise) 500 last season according to the Match Report. I'll be surprised if there are 140 potg even if the weather is benign.

Spoonz Red E

We took a (surprisingly precise) 500 last season according to the Match Report. I'll be surprised if there are 140 potg even if the weather is benign.
My formula guess for most away games allowing pay on the day is to add 40 to 50 percent to advance sales. It's usually pretty close - so I wouldn't be surprised at 500 again.

Last edited: