Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: need to buy newport tickets from club pdq

  1. #1
    RebornKirtonRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Kirton Kennels
    Posts
    419

    need to buy newport tickets from club pdq

    can anyone help please ....My grandson is at the match today but I need to buy tickets for Newport....he has no spare cash so if I buy them online now will they be available for him to collect after today's match ???...........I know they're available on the gate but recent events mean I need to have two seating not standing .....thanks......back to work in 15 mins so here's hoping

  2. #2
    Oldsmobile-88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In RaWZ we trust....Amen.
    Posts
    12,228

    Re: need to buy newport tickets from club pdq

    You can pay on the day at Newport...Sorry just read your post.

    Pretty sure you can pay on the day to sit under cover.I did that last season.
    Last edited by Oldsmobile-88; 30 December 2017 at 14:06.

  3. #3
    RebornKirtonRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Kirton Kennels
    Posts
    419

    Re: need to buy newport tickets from club pdq

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldsmobile-88 View Post
    You can pay on the day at Newport...Sorry just read your post.

    Pretty sure you can pay on the day to sit under cover.I did that last season.
    Thanks Olds, I knew about the potg but we were allocated an extra 200 seating the other day so it seems our quota is selling well and I feared missing out on a seat.

    I suppose my query in a nutshell is " How long is the timeframe between buying away ticket online from home and someone else already at the match collecting from ticket booth ? "

    When I tried to buy online at 12.30pm today the Newport option had disappeared.

  4. #4
    Spoonz Red E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    On the table
    Posts
    5,537

    Re: need to buy newport tickets from club pdq

    Quote Originally Posted by RebornKirtonRed View Post
    Thanks Olds, I knew about the potg but we were allocated an extra 200 seating the other day so it seems our quota is selling well and I feared missing out on a seat.

    I suppose my query in a nutshell is " How long is the timeframe between buying away ticket online from home and someone else already at the match collecting from ticket booth ? "

    When I tried to buy online at 12.30pm today the Newport option had disappeared.
    On a normal weekday, online orders are picked up pretty quickly for posting and collection. Any existing ticket order can be put together quickly at the counter once it has been made.
    We would have closed the Newport online option earlier today as everyone has match duties which prevents monitoring new orders.

    We've sent back 89 covered stand seat tickets at the side and 97 uncovered seat tickets behind the goal.
    364 tickets only sold in advance so there should be no problem buying on the day.
    Last edited by Spoonz Red E; 30 December 2017 at 20:18.

  5. #5
    John William's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Desolation Row
    Posts
    5,885

    Re: need to buy newport tickets from club pdq

    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonz Red E View Post
    We've sent back 89 covered stand seat tickets at the side and 97 uncovered seat tickets behind the goal. 364 tickets only sold in advance so there should be no problem buying on the day.
    Slightly surprised at this figure. West Brom taking priority?

  6. #6
    Spoonz Red E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    On the table
    Posts
    5,537

    Re: need to buy newport tickets from club pdq

    Quote Originally Posted by John William View Post
    Slightly surprised at this figure. West Brom taking priority?
    I think there'll be a fair few pay on the day but expect a lower figure than previous years.
    A lot of matches recently with the away matches at Forest Green & Yeovil included. Add on the replay against FGR and the West Brom game plus Yeovil & Coventry next up at home and Newport seems to be the game that's taken the hit.

  7. #7

    Re: need to buy newport tickets from club pdq

    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonz Red E View Post
    Newport seems to be the game that's taken the hit.
    Newport last Saturday and Yeovil on New Years Day would have been a better combo!

  8. #8
    RebornKirtonRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Kirton Kennels
    Posts
    419

    Re: need to buy newport tickets from club pdq

    Quote Originally Posted by John William View Post
    Slightly surprised at this figure. West Brom taking priority?
    Taking into account Boxing day's match it's more likely a case of wait see what the weather brings on the day and potg.

  9. #9
    John William's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Desolation Row
    Posts
    5,885

    Re: need to buy newport tickets from club pdq

    Quote Originally Posted by RebornKirtonRed View Post
    Taking into account Boxing day's match it's more likely a case of wait see what the weather brings on the day and potg.
    We took a (surprisingly precise) 500 last season according to the Match Report. I'll be surprised if there are 140 potg even if the weather is benign.

  10. #10
    Spoonz Red E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    On the table
    Posts
    5,537

    Re: need to buy newport tickets from club pdq

    Quote Originally Posted by John William View Post
    We took a (surprisingly precise) 500 last season according to the Match Report. I'll be surprised if there are 140 potg even if the weather is benign.
    My formula guess for most away games allowing pay on the day is to add 40 to 50 percent to advance sales. It's usually pretty close - so I wouldn't be surprised at 500 again.
    Last edited by Spoonz Red E; 30 December 2017 at 22:37.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •