• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Barnet Matchday Thread

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's my birthday so here we go!

We have Barnet at home (again), the weather has been dire all day/evening (again) and hopefully we get 3 points.

Up the City!

Alistair20000

Happy birthday Josh.

3 points good enough for a birthday present ? Assuming the pitch copes with the wretched weather of course.

UTC

P.S. Don't forget to place your virtual bets this weekend. The tide has turned for the Punters. :)

ExeterCityLad

Happy birthday and a comfortable 2-0 city win for you to enjoy celebrating in the evening.

PeteUSA

Whats the overnight weather been like in Exeter I wonder. If it p*ss*d down through the night the game'll surely be in doubt? I'm off to bed now, and I dont want to set my alarm if I dont have to!

Dubai Grecian

Whats the overnight weather been like in Exeter I wonder. If it p*ss*d down through the night the game'll surely be in doubt? I'm off to bed now, and I dont want to set my alarm if I dont have to!
Rain, rain, rain Pete so let's see

iscalad

It's quite windy in Polsloe. Storm Dylan is on its way, arriving mid-afternoon.

No doubt Dr Dave will be consulting his seaweed as we speak and give us a more definitive forecast.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
The BBC forecast now shows the rain not arriving until late p.m. so we may be OK. Gonna be windy, though.

David Treharne

In the event it didn't rain nearly as much as was forecast. Up until 10:00 there had been 5mm [note to Grecian 2k- it has the capacity to measure above 10mm], but it fell on sodden ground. At the moment the most notable feature is the wind strength which has gusted to 5 and is blowing from the west. There's weak sunshine, with 70% grey cloud cover and steady barometric pressure, so it could well be a dry morning - just wait for it to start drizzling! However I'd be fairly certain that there will be more rain to come today because of the wind direction. As to the game itself - who can guess what sort of team will appear? Ideally it would be an attacking one, with two wingers and a midfield who can get the ball through midfield quickly, and a defence which doesn't try to pass across the face of the goalmouth whilst in the penalty area. Still - all those three things are probably too much to ask for.
Update at 13:00

Joshyd123

Happy birthday Josh.

3 points good enough for a birthday present ? Assuming the pitch copes with the wretched weather of course.

UTC

P.S. Don't forget to place your virtual bets this weekend. The tide has turned for the Punters. :)

Cheers mate.

Weather looks good in Stoke Hill s'morning so hoping the rain clouds bugger off!

*runs off to beat the bookie*

Joshyd123

Happy birthday and a comfortable 2-0 city win for you to enjoy celebrating in the evening.
Cheers mate, here's hoping!