Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Exeter City v Barnet Matchday Thread

If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong !

Re: Exeter City v Barnet Matchday Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PeteUSA View Post
    Unlike me to criticise a fellow referee, but the one today appeared unfit and slow. He was left chasing the play on numorous occasions and didnt seem to have any enthusiasm. I've no idea what happened that lead to a free kick from which they scored. He was also poor on deciding simulation, and got two or three of those totally wrong. A penalty could easily have gone to either team.

EDIT: ramone, I believe we're in agreement!
    Ok I'll give you that ..........IF you are a full time league 2 qualified referee........... with certificates to prove it.

http://www.skysports.com/football/ex...-barnet/374360

todays goals

edit woops seem's i've jumped the gun,, just bthe match report atm
    Last edited by 007; 30 December 2017 at 20:33.

A lot of good chances for both sides in this match. Pym made two good saves and JMT? Cleared off the line and those highlights left out Campbell rice hitting the bar.

For us Jay should have had at least one, Jake Taylor took the winner well but should have tested the keeper in the first half, stockley missed a header from a Harley free kick and Moxey was unlucky not to score with his head. Also mcalinden missed late on from close range and Taylor had a shot deflected wide at one all as well. Not sure if I missed any others.

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at SJP

I was impressed with Barnet there no20 in midfield who had a touch of the Routledge (Swansea) about him played well - on that evidence I'm surprised to see them so low as they played the ball around effectively & in Campbell-Rice a player who's in terms of being on the ball & Brain too good for division 4

City looked scared to pass the ball & certainly didn't play the "Tisdale" way that the myth suggests of free flowing football , in fact despite winning at times it was like watching football from the good old Wimbledon days

Quote Originally Posted by CREDYGRECIAN View Post
    I was impressed with Barnet there no20 in midfield who had a touch of the Routledge (Swansea) about him played well - on that evidence I'm surprised to see them so low as they played the ball around effectively & in Campbell-Rice a player who's in terms of being on the ball & Brain too good for division 4

City looked scared to pass the ball & certainly didn't play the "Tisdale" way that the myth suggests of free flowing football , in fact despite winning at times it was like watching football from the good old Wimbledon days
    We've been a lot more direct in 2017, we've done a lot better during this time without the likes of Noble and Oakley playing the ball sideways.

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at SJP

Quote Originally Posted by The Proper Chap View Post
    We've been a lot more direct in 2017, we've done a lot better during this time without the likes of Noble and Oakley playing the ball sideways.
    I'm not bothered - league 2 has never been about tippy tappy football , but we've gone from once extreme to the other on today's display...

No issue with going long if the target (Stockley) got people running off him or people around him , today at times he had no one within 20 yards of him when he won the first ball

Quote Originally Posted by CREDYGRECIAN View Post
    I'm not bothered - league 2 has never been about tippy tappy football , but we've gone from once extreme to the other on today's display...

No issue with going long if the target (Stockley) got people running off him or people around him , today at times he had no one within 20 yards of him when he won the first ball
    Stockley is a great target man at this level, as you say I don't think we are getting the best out of what he offers.

Quote Originally Posted by The Proper Chap View Post
    Stockley is a great target man at this level, as you say I don't think we are getting the best out of what he offers.
    Stockley and Jay worked well together today...much, much better than when Jayden plays with MaC or Reid