Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Newport pitch prediction

Re: Newport pitch prediction

Quote Originally Posted by exile in wales View Post
    Egg chasers live on S4C right now if you want to see how the pitch is.
    Looks OK after 20 minutes or so, to be fair, though I expect any areas where there is a prolonged scrimmaging battle will get churned up.

Quote Originally Posted by ramone View Post
    TBH with the best will in the world it was more the amount of rain in the previous 24 hrs that did the damage , the fact then it poured down beforehand just filled up an already sodden pitch.

There would have had to been about 1 ft trench right round the pitch to clear the excess that particular day.

If covers were used then the water on top would still have to go somewhere and as they were removed it would have gone back onto the pitch unless it was pumped right out of the ground, would undersoil heating do anything to clear water ? I suspect not.
    Totally agree and the whole situation was very explained by Clive in his videoed interview.

Seem to remember it being *very* wet across the south/south west during the week leading up to this one (to the extent that i'd pretty much written off driving to the game). I recall your chief exec at the time had called in on some favours from when he was involved with cricket to borrow a 'super sopper' to get the game on (i guess for cashflow).

https://ibb.co/htPkXG

Edit - can't add the image but it was supposed to be the teams from the game between our sides in February 2014
    Last edited by sign of the chimes; 31 December 2017 at 21:48.

Quote Originally Posted by sign of the chimes View Post
    Seem to remember it being *very* wet across the south/south west during the week leading up to this one (to the extent that i'd pretty much written off driving to the game). I recall your chief exec at the time had called in on some favours from when he was involved with cricket to borrow a 'super sopper' to get the game on (i guess for cashflow).

https://ibb.co/htPkXG

Edit - can't add the image but it was supposed to be the teams from the game between our sides in February 2014
    The weather was so bad that day Southwest trains had to cancel all the evening trains on the Waterloo line

The pitch looks good.Considering a couple of Rugby teams have played on it in the past few days.
    Looks better than SJP on Saturday,so NO excuses..

If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong !

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41043314

Thought they had a new pitch recently should hopefully be ok for at least a few games at 750k.

Sounds similar to that lot down the road they didn't pay for.
    Last edited by ramone; 01 January 2018 at 14:59.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41043314

Thought they had a new pitch recently should hopefully be ok for at least a few games at 750k.
    Yep..Looks good for the amount of use it gets now..I was talking to some County fans in the pub pre-match & they said the amount of rain they have had recently,without the new pitch investment,no way would the game have gone ahead today.
    Off the pitch Newport have got their act together as well,with a beer tent & decent foot stall behind the away end.It was a frigging shambles there until this season.
    I hope we do something similar with the ground redevelopment.

We tried the beer tent thing ! would have been a good idea but the beer was over priced and Shiite !

Yeovil had similar I remember ? that was decent beer and fairly cheap.

We tried the beer tent thing ! would have been a good idea but the beer was over priced and Shiite !

Yeovil had similar I remember ? that was decent beer and fairly cheap.
    That was crap behind the BB,You expect to pay a premium but not have the pi55 taken.

Yeovil was OK,but not as good as today or many other clubs in the division.

There are plans for bar behind the new Grandstand.

Could do with one under the BB !

Cant bring myself to sit down in the Doble or new OG for a pint halftime lol.