• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Multibird Leftovers

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Rumour has it Al was spotted munching on a kebab around 7pm this evening.

Standards Al ! Where have they gone ?

Last edited:

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Au contraire TPC. In the absence of Mrs Bridges I was popping the mustard seeds in a slight variation of Fever’s brilliant curry recipe. (y)

StroudGrecian

Just watched the Gavin and Stacey Christmas special - Gwen's favourite post-Christmas repast being a turkey omelette. (note: not tortilla.)

I guess you could adapt that into a goose/pheasant omelette?

Alistair20000

Believe it or not, even after the curry and game pie creations, there is still some goose/pheasant to use up. An omelette a la facon Stroudy is an excellent suggestion. (y)

Angus

As a vegan I think you should do the right thing. Never ever cook a bird again. It was a living animal, with feelings and a family.

Alistair20000

Do not vegetables feel pain when they are ruthlessly pulled up, dug up or cut off at the stalk ?

When I was doing Rural Science many years ago the teacher regularly shouted out "Do not hurt that plant" as we were weeding with the dutch hoe. He did not seem to respect the feelings of the weeds though.

Here to be enlightened.

Last edited:

Angus

Different type of feelings. Plants when damaged die without any expression nor pain due to the lack of nerves. Animals have a working brain, heart and blood system. It's not very nice you know

Brinty IFA

Jainism....some form of Buddhism I believe. They won't eat root vegetables for the aforementioned reason, Al.

Here to help - and receive refraction points for going off topic..

I'm eating like a vegan these days, so can't help. Give it to the dog and cook up a nice Chickpea and Cashew Tagine :)

Grecian2K

Different type of feelings. Plants when damaged die without any expression nor pain due to the lack of nerves.
So, when the common-'tater during a cup-tie shoot out describes a successful shot as a "nerveless penalty" does that make the taker fair game, even for vegans?

Angus

So, when the common-'tater during a cup-tie shoot out describes a successful shot as a "nerveless penalty" does that make the taker fair game, even for vegans?

Yes exactly that. It means hit that ball like you're picking the biggest carrot out. It requires strength and determination