Quote Originally Posted by IndoMike View Post
    Was it a table fork?
    Had about as much effect.

Re: Exeter City vs Forest Green Rovers matchday thread

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair20000 View Post
    Had about as much effect.
    Maybe they should have used Spoonz..

fork all effect....the amount of water arriving from the heavens looked to cause the pitch to become water-logged eventually it seems to me, good decision saving the pitch and next game.

Quote Originally Posted by grecIAN Harris View Post
    I reckon if Brett Huxtable had waited long enough to get the squeegee things to come over and clear that one little patch (about two yards square) where he threw the ball and the ball died the game could probably have still carried on or at least been given a chance to carry on. He'd made his mind up on 42 minutes that it was going to get abandoned come what may. I expect that Looby or RaWZ, who know him personally, might come on and say he's nice bloke but as a referee, from my own experience when he's refereed me earlier in his career, he is an arrogant to$$er and wouldn't have held any kind of discussion with either set of players and management staff to see how they felt about it. His mind was made up and that was it.
    Seems harsh. Hardly the refs fault that it p*ssed down : the ref has to think of potential injuries to players due to the pitch in addition to other factors.

would have thought the amount of money and manpower spent on up-grading the drainage and re-laying could overcome this situation.....if properly implemented
    Last edited by hardi2b; 26 December 2017 at 18:36.

Quote Originally Posted by hardi2b View Post
    would have thought the amount of money and manpower spent on up-grading the drainage and re-laying could overcome this situation.....if properly implemented
    I thought the problem had been sorted.

It's a very old fashioned pitch

From what I could determine city played a slightly better passing game but it was too tentative in approach through midfield from the back, Stockly isolated up front, should have had the mindset to hammer FGR from the offset, the defence looked fragile, if faced with a determined skilled offensive side would have been ripped apart - so much and so many spaces left from which an opposition to take advantage.

this from David Treharne
    "The defence looked unsure and shaky, and Stockley looked a forlorn figure for most of the 45 minutes played. At the moment, whatever choice of players is being made there seems to be little cohesion and sometimes little communication between the players. Yes we 'scored' a couple of goals, but when they ran at us the defence looked woefully short of pace and confidence. Somewhere in the squad we've got there's a reasonable starting eleven, but at the moment it doesn't seem as if they're being deployed and we're unable to put away chances that we're creating. I'd expect the Barnet game to be as predictably dull as today's was turning out to be unless the ills that I perceive at the moment are sorted out".

I Wholly concur David...

Was the pitch covered does anyone know??.....I ask because the club put out an appeal a couple weeks ago asking for volunteers to remove what I thought was rain covers when neeed....it hammered down with rain for 3 or 4 hours yesterday evening without that we probably would have been just about able to cope with today’s rain.
    Last edited by Red Devon; 26 December 2017 at 18:59.

I think the covers are cold weather covers.