Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Exeter City vs Forest Green Rovers matchday thread

Re: Exeter City vs Forest Green Rovers matchday thread

It did look better after the mop up exercise, but this was the corner as we left

The problem areas did look better after the mop up, but the rain was still falling

We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels

Quote Originally Posted by PeteUSA View Post
    You are definitely losing it old boy. Cant you make up a clever limerick like that about Exeter City instead of me? I'm quite flattered, since I know you're a good egg. You're boring the s**t out of me though.
    Losing it???? How bizarre, how bizarre?

But, as someone who (through Eng Lit O Levels) was forced into at least a passing acquaintance in Shakespearian Sonnets, and not withstanding the occasional 'Iambic Pentameter' I do struggle to see how my post could be mistaken for a bit of West Irish doggerel..... But if you really want a couple of true LIMERICKS then let me try?

A fellow from deep Arizona
    For ever a bit of a moaner
    And possibly dim?
    But still always stalks Pym.
    WHOS EACH ERROR STILL GIVES HIM A BONER

Still, allow me to do some explaining?
    In ISCA it's still blooming raining.
    I don't wish you to grovel
    Just run back to your hovel
    And stop all your pointless complaining.

Correct decision from Huxtable to call it off the ball plainly failed the bounce and a couple of the rolling ball tests at half time.

4,102 was the attendance inc about 250 from FGR.

Interesting with the vouchers.Years ago if the game reached HT,no refund was issued.
    To save messing around,a few quid off the rearranged game would do the trick,as Dagenham did in 2008/09.

I reckon if Brett Huxtable had waited long enough to get the squeegee things to come over and clear that one little patch (about two yards square) where he threw the ball and the ball died the game could probably have still carried on or at least been given a chance to carry on. He'd made his mind up on 42 minutes that it was going to get abandoned come what may. I expect that Looby or RaWZ, who know him personally, might come on and say he's nice bloke but as a referee, from my own experience when he's refereed me earlier in his career, he is an arrogant to$$er and wouldn't have held any kind of discussion with either set of players and management staff to see how they felt about it. His mind was made up and that was it.

Listening to Tis post match interview it sounds like Huxtable was primed to abandon it before the game.

Just back (to hotel) and [email protected] annoyed. When you travel the best part of a thousand miles for a game (well, Xmas with the family, but you know what I mean) then it’s effin annoying. Appears to be some reaction against Pete here for complaining, but as a fellow expat I‘ll take his side here. Back in my day (i.e. St Albans away) we battled through the rain and relied on Deano to score a late winner. Now a few drops and it’s all over. The ball doesn‘t bounce? With the hoofball both sides were playing, it hardly matters...

Quote Originally Posted by grecIAN Harris View Post
    Listening to Tis post match interview it sounds like Huxtable was primed to abandon it before the game.
    I have to say that went I took my place on the Big Bank before kick off that I didn't think that we'd see the game to conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by grecIAN Harris View Post
    I reckon if Brett Huxtable had waited long enough to get the squeegee things to come over and clear that one little patch (about two yards square) where he threw the ball and the ball died the game could probably have still carried on or at least been given a chance to carry on.
    Exactly.....