• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City v FGR Boxing Day predictions

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
December results read LWL so, for me, it's a win. Don't know how but we'll scrape through somehow.

McAlinden, Wilson and Edwards all to play 90mins and TAH will get the winner after a mazy run from his own 6 yard box.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
1-1

Points shared

ecfc2000

City 1 - fgr 4

Dubai Grecian

Big seasonal crowd, high positive expectations, playing a team on a terrible run of form....has away win written all over it. 0-2 FGR

rifraf

0 - 3 away win for FGR.

I predict it will be my last game for a while if we continue to whack hopeless balls as far forward as is humanly possible and completely ignore that we have a midfield. After watching us do it at Yeovil time and time again, I give it until next game.
3 strikes and I'm out!!

Avening Posse

Comfortable 2-0 win, Holmes and Stockley 4500 in attendance

I predict it will be my last game for a while if we continue to whack hopeless balls as far forward as is humanly possible and completely ignore that we have a midfield. After watching us do it at Yeovil time and time again, I give it until next game.
3 strikes and I'm out!!
Exactly that, the game plan is to totally ignore our midfield....the wide midfield players unjustly get criticism for not being pacey etc etc but just give them the ball occasionally may help.
That comes from the coaching staff - the last time Sweeney played a ball to Taylor was when they were at Reading 
Occasionally we get the ball to Harley - one two with Woodman, reverse pass that no one else sees, they get the ball back and off we go again...

Two winnable games, come the New Year still top 3, keep the faith it’s not all bad. Fancy we’ll give someone a good thrashing soon......Just a feeling.

Last edited:

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
3 strikes and I'm out!!
Well we didn't play like that in our last home game against Stevenage, in fact quite the opposite, so I'm hopeful

2-0 city.

Alistair20000

3-1 City. Stockley 2 and JMT for us. Tisdale wins the fashion stakes by dressing up as Santa.