• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeweb HACKING ???

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Seems to have been some funny goings on in Banter base, with a complete thread going "missing in action" ! Now given that it was Stuffy's thread re IJN's birthday this raised a few questions in my mind. Has someone hacked exeweb and removed it ? Has it been removed due to some hitherto unheard of masonry sort of thing that exists between Forum site owners ? Due to outside intimidatory pressures ? Or just at the random whim of a mod ?

What's the reason mods ? Can anyone explain please ? And whilst i'm here, how about fixing the ruddy clock !

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Hadnt noticed that til you bring it up tbh.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Seems to have been some funny goings on in Banter base, with a complete thread going "missing in action" ! Now given that it was Stuffy's thread re IJN's birthday this raised a few questions in my mind. Has someone hacked exeweb and removed it ? Has it been removed due to some hitherto unheard of masonry sort of thing that exists between Forum site owners ? Due to outside intimidatory pressures ? Or just at the random whim of a mod ?

What's the reason mods ? Can anyone explain please ? And whilst i'm here, how about fixing the ruddy clock !
People showing any interest in IJN merely have to log on to Argyle Talk Democratic for wall-to-wall coverage from posters who are, in all probability, former Pasotians given the "bum's rush" for having the temerity for saying things that didn't pass muster. In Consequence, ATD is the one forum where criticism of IJN doesn't get redacted.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
As far as I can see, the thread was moved wholesale. I believe some comments were deemed to be more near the knuckle (with regard to the forum rules) than tongue in cheek. Although I appreciate it was in the slightly rougher and tumbler environs of banter base. Unfortunately, I can't give further details as I wasn't involved in the modding of that particular thread.
I understand, however, that no peculiar handshakes, intimidation, nor brown envelopes stuffed with cash, were involved in the decision making.

fred binneys head

IJN makes a complaint because he’s a bully who dishes it out but can’t take it, and the exeweb mods panic.

That’s my version.

Colesman Ballz

IJN makes a complaint because he’s a bully who dishes it out but can’t take it, and the exeweb mods panic.

That’s my version.
You and I may wish to think that Fred, but the exeweb mods appear not to wish to confirm or deny this ! (facepalm)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
You and I may wish to think that Fred, but the exeweb mods appear not to wish to confirm or deny this ! (facepalm)
I removed the thread because I was off to work, and didn't want to spend an age going through editing or deleting posts It just seem to be easier that way. I haven't spoken to IJN in years, he runs his boards his way and we run ours. The thread did not meet our rules in many of the posts.

Colesman Ballz

I removed the thread because I was off to work, and didn't want to spend an age going through editing or deleting posts It just seem to be easier that way. I haven't spoken to IJN in years, he runs his boards his way and we run ours. The thread did not meet our rules in many of the posts.
Ah well, bang goes another good conspiracy theory ! Pleased to hear it though, and that IJN's influence has not yet reached these hallowed boards ! ;)

IJN makes a complaint because he’s a bully who dishes it out but can’t take it.
I'm not a careers advisor but it sounds like he's cut out for a career in the police.

STURTZ

Certainly not the first thread featuring our porcine chum to go missing, he managed to get Exeweb suspended for three days with threats of legal action once.

Arse.