• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New Year, New You

PeterF

Thought i would let you know about a couple of initiatives coming up in the new year for those who would like to get a bit healthier and fitter in 2018.

First there is City Fit Club, starting on Monday 15th January 2018, at St James Park.
CITY Fit Club is offered to the over 30's who want to lose weight and become fitter and healthier both physically and mentally.

The project is held at St James Park for 10 weeks and will consist of a 30 minute, informative workshops around food, nutrition, goal setting and healthy lifestyles followed by a 45 minute light physical activity using the stadium as your gym.

There is no ability level required to join in, everyone aged over 30 years old who would like to benefit from the programme are welcome.

To register your interest complete our online booking form www.exetercitycommunitytrust.co.uk/courses/city-fit-club/city-fit-club-6

Now on our 6th wave, this Get Active Exeter initiative has proved a fantastic success with some great feedback from those involved.
( Just ask Les Miller Exeweb , Webmaster )
A testimonial from a previous participnt.

"Joined as 60 this year and a full time carer for husband with Alzheimers, wanted to get fitter again and knew it would also help my mental health and self esteem.
I go twice a week and however tired or low I am, it gives me a real boost. I'm definitely fitter, stronger, made new friends and we have a laugh. Being in fresh air and out of a gym environment is a real bonus too. Great coaches and an inclusive ethos.
After a year I'm definitely in better shape and it's become a very important part of the structure of my mad weeks, getting me out and something for me." LP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4WG7s3VRX8&feature=youtu.be

Secondly, there is Man v Fat .

MAN v FAT Football is for men everywhere who love football and who want to lose weight. During the leagues MAN v FAT supports you to lose weight and each week as well as playing a 30-minute football match, you also weigh in before the game. You and your team earn bonus goals from the weigh-in results which are added to the score on the football pitch. Uniquely, MAN v FAT Football rewards players not just for winning games but for losing weight.

If you're a bloke who enjoys football and wants to lose weight then this is for you. If you want more information or to ask any questions then take a look here.
https://manvfatfootball.org/exeter

Both projects are held in a fun, safe , non - judgmental environment where the emphasis is on what you can do and not what you can't.

If you want any further detail, please email me , [email protected]