• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Coventry Game Tickets

AndrewP

I suggest that if you want to come to the Coventry game on the 13th Jan - you buy your tickets asap - seating and standing I would suggest.

Living near to Coventry, I naturally know a number of people who support - some indeed boycott home games and only go to away ones due to previous ructions with their hierachy. When they played Yeovil earlier in the season, they took over 1000 fans (and that was in August). My understanding from a "Skyblue" is that they were allocated 350tx, which went on sale last week and all went immediately. No issues from them, no whinging, those I know understood the situation with the development, albeit frustrating for them but there are many keen to visit us. This means they will be buying seats/or standing with us home fans.

I would imagine that, for most ECFC fans, this will also be one of the bigest games of the season (as indicated by the 1200+ we took to the Ricoh). They can be quite a "boistrous" lot the Coventry faithful.....It will make for an interesting atmosphere but I'd hate for City fans to be ousted for not being quick enough to secure their place... Perhaps a few more stewards/security on the Bank might also be in order..

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
What’s the story at Coventry now ? I thought that the exile at Northampton finishing & a return to the city had sorted a lot of the issues with the owners out.

It must have been a bit of a kick in the teeth when RU team London Wasps purchased the Ricoh Arena from the council.

denzel

Shouldnt we be making this all ticket? Hate to be surrounded by Cov fans

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Shouldnt we be making this all ticket? Hate to be surrounded by Cov fans
Normal rules will apply I suppose anyone found to be an away fan in the home end will be shown the big red gates with exit on em

UTC

denzel

Normal rules will apply I suppose anyone found to be an away fan in the home end will be shown the big red gates with exit on em

UTC
Stop it my sides are splitting

AndrewP

What’s the story at Coventry now ? I thought that the exile at Northampton finishing & a return to the city had sorted a lot of the issues with the owners out.

It must have been a bit of a kick in the teeth when RU team London Wasps purchased the Ricoh Arena from the council.
Wasps own the stadium, would rather Coventry City were not there. Coventry city were investigating moving in with Coventry Rugby Club in the town, not a great place with only one stand. Coventry City Owners (sisu) are "not popular" with fans, who wish they would just go. Who, however, would want to buy a business with absolutely no assets. I think their training ground at Ryton on Dunsmore is also heavily mortgaged. Sisu are pursuing legal action to overturn the councils decision to sell the stadium to Wasps. I believe Coventry city only have an agreement until the end of this season to Play at the Ricoh, and that Wasps (as it stands) have no plans to renew. I also know that wages are very poor there, and that certain players with contracts that have bonuses payable after a certain number of games played...mysteriously get dropped to the bench just prior to the trigger point...

All very sad, I don't profess to being an expert on them (albeit local) though. Just a very high probability that we'l have Cov fans in their numbers elsewhere in the ground. Perhaps, in retrospect, all ticket to those known by the club would have been an option (ala Argyle games etc).

Merely my thoughts though, I'm sure it's been discussed at a higher level.

Oldsmobile-88

Thanks for the info Andrew...It all seems a mess.

AndrewP

http://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/football-news/exeter-city-warn-coventry-city-1032956

Like I said!. You ain't gonna stop them paying cash on the gate though, and I strongly suspect there are a number intending to do so.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
http://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/football-news/exeter-city-warn-coventry-city-1032956

Like I said!. You ain't gonna stop them paying cash on the gate though, and I strongly suspect there are a number intending to do so.
Anyone know whether Coventry have sold their allocation? They had 350 for their fans.

AndrewP

Anyone know whether Coventry have sold their allocation? They had 350 for their fans.
Oh yes, in about 10 minutes I understand.!. I know a "devotee" - He queued outside the ticket office from early morning whilst various others hit the keyboard on his behalf. All gone, whoosh.