Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 566

Thread: New signings on the way!!

  1. #21
    Red Monster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Exmouth
    Posts
    3,492

    Re: New signings on the way!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Terryhall View Post
    What positions need to be improved and which two players would you drop to bring in two more? I would say we are 4th in the table and in the 3rd round of the cup - why do we need to spend money to bring in new players just for the sake of it?

    Right now we have a good squad and the manager is doing a good job with the players we have. We aren't overly stretched and have already made signings to cover at the back (Seaborne). As many have posted, if Edwards and Wilson get recalled to West Brom, we need to replace them in our squad - but otherwise who do you think we need to replace, or where do you think we need the extra bodies to be brought in as cover?
    Yes as you say the manager is doing a good job, but it’s Paul Tisdale who wants to bring in a couple more players
    So back his judgment if he thinks that will make the difference.

  2. #22
    Terryhall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Wer nid gumped isch kei Schwiizer
    Posts
    4,223

    Re: New signings on the way!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Monster View Post
    Yes as you say the manager is doing a good job, but it’s Paul Tisdale who wants to bring in a couple more players
    So back his judgment if he thinks that will make the difference.
    I back his judgement but football fans will always speculate and talk about football, that is why forums like Exeweb exist.

    As I posted I don't see any gaps in the current squad so I'm not sure who the manager wants to replace - especially as the current squad is doing very well (as you also pointed out).

    So as a fan posting on an opinion forum, what is your own opinion about the squad and who might need to be replaced (if anybody?)

  3. #23

    Re: New signings on the way!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Monster View Post
    We are 4th in the table and in the 3rd round of the cup how many times has that happened in our history to
    Be in that position in mid December?
    This is such a lazy and weak argument!

    Yes we are 4th in the table and in the 3rd round of the cup and there's no one who could dispute this is a good thing. However anyone who ignores trends and fails to acknowledge failings is an idiot. The reality is that following our fantastic start to the season, for which Tisdale deserves full credit, the wheels have at present come off and our form since the beginning of October is nowhere near promotion or even play-off form, something that for some of us has an all too familiar ring about it and naturally gives us some concern, particularly given that we have the strongest squad we've had for some considerable time. I think someone pointed out that our form over the last 10 games sees us in 19th place, and despite our progression to the 3rd round, this was achieved by beating a non league team in a home tie and a team in our own league but in a lower position with some considerable difficulty. If Tisdale is even half the manager you think he is he will acknowledge that and take steps to rectify it and I would infer from his comments about new signings that he has and is.

    Being 4th and in the 3rd round is an indisputable fact and a good place to be, but it doesn't tell the story. Sticking your head in the sand and patting yourself on the back all the time achieves nothing, luckily it appears from his comments re new signings that unlike you he isn't. I still get very irritated and worried over his constant tinkering and over thinking, but I'm glad that he's showing some managerial sense in acknowledging that all is not well at present.

  4. #24
    exeweb.com admin Hants_red's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Hants
    Posts
    38,389

    Re: New signings on the way!!

    Having made a brilliant start to the season, we've been mainly poor since Coventry. Losing JMT and then Troy Brown has had an adverse impact on our ability to win games. We need to have better cover for players, so if one key players goes out injured we can seamlessly replace with another quality player.

    Unless we're saying team selection and tactics have been wrong. If that's the case then new players are not going to help.

  5. #25
    CC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Hope
    Posts
    2,444

    Re: New signings on the way!!

    We won't sign anyone. He always says not to expect any signings and then one or two appear late on so this is bound to be the opposite. Unless Matt Gill is available.

  6. #26

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In Limbo
    Posts
    12,469

    Re: New signings on the way!!

    Matt Grimes would be just right, if he is still as good as before.

  7. #27
    Terryhall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Wer nid gumped isch kei Schwiizer
    Posts
    4,223

    Re: New signings on the way!!

    Quote Originally Posted by IndoMike View Post
    Matt Grimes would be just right, if he is still as good as before.
    He is on loan to Northampton Town til the end of the season unfortunately. Can't imagine Swansea cancelling a loan to a team in L1, just to then loan him straight back out to a team in L2 (however much we might all want it to happen.)

  8. #28

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In Limbo
    Posts
    12,469

    Re: New signings on the way!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Terryhall View Post
    He is on loan to Northampton Town til the end of the season unfortunately. Can't imagine Swansea cancelling a loan to a team in L1, just to then loan him straight back out to a team in L2 (however much we might all want it to happen.)
    Yes, clearly you're right. But it would be good.

  9. #29
    Terryhall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Wer nid gumped isch kei Schwiizer
    Posts
    4,223

    Re: New signings on the way!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hants_red View Post
    Having made a brilliant start to the season, we've been mainly poor since Coventry. Losing JMT and then Troy Brown has had an adverse impact on our ability to win games. We need to have better cover for players, so if one key players goes out injured we can seamlessly replace with another quality player.

    Unless we're saying team selection and tactics have been wrong. If that's the case then new players are not going to help.
    I would argue though that Tis has already made a transfer to attempt to address that point - Seaborne signing must be in response to the injuries to Croll & Brown leaving us short at the back.

  10. #30
    Red Monster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Exmouth
    Posts
    3,492

    Re: New signings on the way!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Bill View Post
    This is such a lazy and weak argument!

    Yes we are 4th in the table and in the 3rd round of the cup and there's no one who could dispute this is a good thing. However anyone who ignores trends and fails to acknowledge failings is an idiot. The reality is that following our fantastic start to the season, for which Tisdale deserves full credit, the wheels have at present come off and our form since the beginning of October is nowhere near promotion or even play-off form, something that for some of us has an all too familiar ring about it and naturally gives us some concern, particularly given that we have the strongest squad we've had for some considerable time. I think someone pointed out that our form over the last 10 games sees us in 19th place, and despite our progression to the 3rd round, this was achieved by beating a non league team in a home tie and a team in our own league but in a lower position with some considerable difficulty. If Tisdale is even half the manager you think he is he will acknowledge that and take steps to rectify it and I would infer from his comments about new signings that he has and is.

    Being 4th and in the 3rd round is an indisputable fact and a good place to be, but it doesn't tell the story. Sticking your head in the sand and patting yourself on the back all the time achieves nothing, luckily it appears from his comments re new signings that unlike you he isn't. I still get very irritated and worried over his constant tinkering and over thinking, but I'm glad that he's showing some managerial sense in acknowledging that all is not well at present.
    I’m not sticking my head in the sand we can all see we’ve been not firing on all cylinders in the last couple of months
    So excuse me for being pleased that Tisdale is trying to rectify it by bring in a couple of players that could get us
    Back on track .

    Don’t call me a idiot , I know just as much about the game as you do which in your case you think is considerable ��

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •