Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 566

Thread: New signings on the way!!

  1. #11

    Re: New signings on the way!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Monster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by muppetdodger View Post
    We have an embarrassingly big squad already, seems a bit luxurious to up gate prices to fund some more options for Tisdale. He can't seem to manage the options he has already!
    If we had a squad of say 22 with all injuries we had in the first half of the season we would struggled to fill the
    Bench !
    But we don't have a squad of 22 so how is that relevant?
    Last edited by Hants_red; 13 December 2017 at 12:34. Reason: [QUOTE] fix

  2. #12

    Re: New signings on the way!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Monster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by muppetdodger View Post
    We have an embarrassingly big squad already, seems a bit luxurious to up gate prices to fund some more options for Tisdale. He can't seem to manage the options he has already!
    If we had a squad of say 22 with all injuries we had in the first half of the season we would struggled to fill the
    Bench !
    Why do we get so many injuries ?? The club used that as an excuse for the shocking start last season.

    The club needs to look at this and come up with some answers.
    Last edited by Hants_red; 13 December 2017 at 12:34. Reason: [QUOTE] fix

  3. #13
    Red Monster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Exmouth
    Posts
    3,417

    Re: New signings on the way!!

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolms View Post
    But we don't have a squad of 22 so how is that relevant?
    So you agree having a bigger squad was the right call,now run along!
    Last edited by Hants_red; 13 December 2017 at 12:36. Reason: [QUOTE] fix

  4. #14

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Java
    Posts
    11,329

    Re: New signings on the way!!

    Quote Originally Posted by The Proper Chap View Post

    Why do we get so many injuries ?? The club used that as an excuse for the shocking start last season.

    The club needs to look at this and come up with some answers.
    Don't think that's specific to City.
    Last edited by Hants_red; 13 December 2017 at 12:36. Reason: [QUOTE] fix

  5. #15

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Java
    Posts
    11,329

    Re: New signings on the way!!

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolms View Post

    So you agree having a bigger squad was the right ,now run along!��
    Malcs was correcting your factual mistake, which formed the basis of your argument. Can't imagine why you'd be p*ssed off with someone correcting the error.r
    Last edited by Hants_red; 13 December 2017 at 12:36. Reason: [QUOTE] fix

  6. #16

    Re: New signings on the way!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Monster View Post

    So you agree having a bigger squad was the right ,now run along!��
    No I don't, why would you come to that conclusion? As Mike says there is no evidence to suggest our injury list is anything out of the ordinary!
    Last edited by Hants_red; 13 December 2017 at 12:36. Reason: [QUOTE] fix

  7. #17
    Red Monster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Exmouth
    Posts
    3,417

    Re: New signings on the way!!

    Quote Originally Posted by The Proper Chap View Post

    Why do we get so many injuries ?? The club used that as an excuse for the shocking start last season.

    The club needs to look at this and come up with some answers.
    It’s bloody contact sport nearly all them have happened in games .
    Last edited by Hants_red; 13 December 2017 at 12:37. Reason: [QUOTE] fix

  8. #18
    Red Monster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Exmouth
    Posts
    3,417

    Re: New signings on the way!!

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolms View Post

    No I don't, why would you come to that conclusion? As Mike says there is no evidence to suggest our injury list is anything out of the ordinary!
    If we sign two better players to improve the team what’s the problem.

    We are 4th in the table and in the 3rd round of the cup how many times has that happened in our history to
    Be in that position in mid December?
    Last edited by Hants_red; 13 December 2017 at 12:37. Reason: [QUOTE] fix

  9. #19
    Terryhall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Wer nid gumped isch kei Schwiizer
    Posts
    3,756

    Re: New signings on the way!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Monster View Post
    If we sign two better players to improve the team what’s the problem.

    We are 4th in the table and in the 3rd round of the cup how many times has that happened in our history to
    Be in that position in mid December?
    What positions need to be improved and which two players would you drop to bring in two more? I would say we are 4th in the table and in the 3rd round of the cup - why do we need to spend money to bring in new players just for the sake of it?

    Right now we have a good squad and the manager is doing a good job with the players we have. We aren't overly stretched and have already made signings to cover at the back (Seaborne). As many have posted, if Edwards and Wilson get recalled to West Brom, we need to replace them in our squad - but otherwise who do you think we need to replace, or where do you think we need the extra bodies to be brought in as cover?

  10. #20

    Re: New signings on the way!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Monster View Post
    If we sign two better players to improve the team what’s the problem.

    We are 4th in the table and in the 3rd round of the cup how many times has that happened in our history to
    Be in that position in mid December?

    Did I say there was a problem outside the fact that the fact that the squad is already gargantuan and PT is asking the supporters to put their hands in their pockets to pay extra for the additions?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •