• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New signings on the way!!

Red Monster

Good to hear Tis wants to bring a couple of new signings in January to push for promotion.

Before for you ask that’s what the man himself has said in today’s E&E .

Red Bill

Good to hear Tis wants to bring a couple of new signings in January to push for promotion.

Before for you ask that’s what the man himself has said in today’s E&E .
Any mention of which positions he thinks need strengthening?

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
How many players do we need?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Aren't Wilson and Edwards due to return to West Brom in January? Maybe it's either extensions of their loans or replacements for them.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hope he's thinking about filling the creativity gap between midfield and attack.
Also too many squad players , TAH and Tillson to name two, do not have the necessary quality to step into the first team without weakening the side. The two West Brom boys will need replacing too if they return off loan.

There you go Paul, sorted.

Terryhall

I don't actually see many gaps in the squad other than replacing the two loanees should they be recalled to West Brom (which could happen with a new manager in town). Perhaps a young-ish creative midfielder to phase in as a longer term replacement for Harley but I can't imagine there will be too many of those type of players available in January, and the ones who are will probably be more expensive (as young creative players tend to carry a premium, and mid season transfers always seem to cost more than close season transfers - although that could just be my impression and not actually borne out by stats)

(edit - equally with Byrne, Sparkes and others moving through from the academy, signing a young creative player might turn out to be a bad move anyway)

Last edited:

muppetdodger

We have an embarrassingly big squad already, seems a bit luxurious to up gate prices to fund some more options for Tisdale. He can't seem to manage the options he has already!

Matt Russell

We have an embarrassingly big squad already, seems a bit luxurious to up gate prices to fund some more options for Tisdale. He can't seem to manage the options he has already!
We're nearly half way through the League season and are lying 4th.
We're through to the 3rd Round of the FA Cup.

On the contrary, I think he seems to be managing his options pretty well.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Signings mean nothing if they aren't very good or if they aren't needed or if Tis doesn't have a plan on how he wants to use them. But anyway, we clearly need to strengthen the right side from top to bottom.
And we don't need ex players past their sell-by date on 3yr contracts.

Red Monster

If we had a squad of say 22 with all injuries we had in the first half of the season we would struggled to fill the
Bench !

Last edited by a moderator: