Page 55 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 LastLast

Thread: New signings on the way!!

Re: New signings on the way!!

Quote Originally Posted by malcolms View Post
    If you know players that we have been sensibly pursuing then just let us have a name or two...not 'he said she said', but something with substance...The rest is so far away from the truth it's not worth commenting on so I won't. Also don't bother with the IMHO ********, if you have an opinion, just put it out there...
    Seriously though... why do you think that? I've no insider info about players we were pursuing, but it seems more plausible that we tried and failed that it does that we didn't try and pretended we did... what's the point of the lie?

Smoke and mirrors Anon...As I said in another post. you could cut and paste the same statement from the last 5 years and it would be largely the same...I'm not sure why PT feels the need to give the impression we are doing something, when we clearly are not.
    Do yourself a favour and go on Exeter City twitter site and see his interview after last nights game ,
    Itís titled Tis on facing Luton away, then may be you will withdraw you statement suggesting heís a liar .

Quote Originally Posted by Jason H View Post
    I share a very important characteristic with Quinton Fortune, aside from being a particularly poor winger for the level I play at.
    Bit harsh on Fortune. He was a pretty decent player, who Sir Alex spoke very highly of, when he was fit. Unfortunately, his career was ravaged by injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Monster View Post
    Do yourself a favour and go on Exeter City twitter site and see his interview after last nights game ,
    Itís titled Tis on facing Luton away, then may be you will withdraw you statement suggesting heís a liar .
    There's nothing on the Twitter interview that substantiates anything either way...what's he going to say, " I sat in my warm office waiting for something to happen" Oh hold on, that is fundamentally what he did say...

There's nothing on the Twitter interview that substantiates anything either way...what's he going to say, " I sat in my warm office waiting for something to happen" Oh hold on, that is fundamentally what he did say...
    What a sad and pathetic response.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Monster View Post
    What a sad and pathetic response.
    Perspective is everything, shame you don't seem to have any...I rarely, if ever, engage in any personal abuse on this site...
    Last edited by malcolms; 01 February 2018 at 19:28.

Have to say, while I do think we were actively talking to players in the hope of a signing one or two, I was a little bit annoyed by Tisdale saying he effectively gave up looking for players at 2pm yesterday. Thereís always loads of last minute activity so surely youíd want to keep trying to the very end. Tag or Perryman could have handled things around match time, too.
    Last edited by Moomin Grecian; 01 February 2018 at 19:30.

Perspective is everything, shame you don't seem to have any...I rarely, if ever, engage in any personal abuse on this site...
    You seem to know best that we didn’t try to sign any new players , because it’s suits your agenda.

The manager said he tried to make new signings in the transfer window but according to you he a liar ,is that’s what
    Your saying?

Do I believe that PT really tried to sign anyone? No, not really. However, the strange thing is I'm not sure he needed to..We have a very big squad already and unless you could get a defender or strong midfield player in that would make a difference, then there's little point....Just for your own entertainment, go back over the last few January windows and see how similar his response is to the questions put to him in the Twitter interview, you might be surprised..

Quote Originally Posted by IndoMike View Post
    You forgot to mention Seaborne.
    was deliberate TBH, hope he proves me wrong, but getting released by a rubbish team in a terrible SPL isn't filling me with hope, and from what we've seen so far.

Oh and I completely agree with Coleman Ballz assessment of Malcolms.