• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

WBA Arrangements

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Clubs are entitled to a higher percentage in the fa cup
That's why I put the ? as I thought there was something about a slightly higher percentage of tickets.

There is no news on tickets as yet so no cunning plan !

What would be the point in switching it to Chiefs ground ? It wouldn't be filled anyway even with a 12500 capacity out there.

Last edited:

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Clubs are entitled to a higher percentage in the fa cup
Normally its 15 % subject to segregation issues (we only got 6600 at Anfield) but there are provisions for this to be waived depending on the situation. The circumstances at SLP this year are a one-off.

Boyo

Cunning plan? I've read the same as you and nothing on the club website suggests anything like that at all.
Sorry - 'suggests' was the wrong word.

I do think the statement is curious however. If they were just ironing out the details with regards the number of away tickets, then why didn't they just say that. The ambiguous nature of the statement just causes more questions.

Bittners a Legend

Presumably the Club don't want to offer West Brom the full 15%. Either that or we do want to switch it to the Hawthorns, which wouldn't be a terrible idea financially particularly now we know we won't be on TV.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Presumably the Club don't want to offer West Brom the full 15%. Either that or we do want to switch it to the Hawthorns, which wouldn't be a terrible idea financially particularly now we know we won't be on TV.
Not allowed to switch to the away teams ground under Cup Rules.

PL clubs have played at small grounds with limited away numbers plenty of times. It's only for one season.

Of course if we were to win then get drawn at home against a top side the pressure would increase...

Information

It will be at home

West Brom will get more seats than for a League Game

The ST holders will just have to move down nearer the Big Bank End

Simple ???

Information

What is the Capacity now then on the 2 sides ??

Boyo

It will be at home

West Brom will get more seats than for a League Game

The ST holders will just have to move down nearer the Big Bank End

Simple ???
If WBA get no more tickets than they would for a L2 match, why do season ticket holders need to move?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Not allowed to switch to the away teams ground under Cup Rules.
Not as I understand it - Rule 9(a)(iii) states:

Rule 9(a)(iii) of the FA Cup said:
In any event, the Professional Game Board shall have the power to order that any match be played on an alternative ground or date, including a Sunday, if it is considered appropriate and necessary. For ties switched from the ground of the Club first drawn, then the Professional Game Board shall determine the financial conditions in which the tie shall be played and this may include, any excess receipts to be paid into the Pool.
There are different rules in place (part ii of the rule above) around non-league vs Prem/FL, but this would cover us switching the tie if it came to that. Not that I hope/nor expect that it will. Besides, I'm busy earlier in the day on Jan 6th so would be a real stretch to make it to the Black Country for KO, so keeping it at the Park would suit me.

godisagrecian

Didn't Tisdale say about putting prices up last night? Can't see it being played away from the Park.