• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

WBA Arrangements

CWH-NYC_

We do not have any details about tickets for our third round Emirates FA Cup match against West Bromwich Albion to announce at the moment.

We are still waiting FA approval on our plans for the match before any details can be released.

Any chance of a neutral ground anyone??

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
No chance I would have thought. We played Everton home in 1999? When the big bank was being developed and think the capacity was about 6500 then although the away capacity was at normal level.

West Brom will just have to ballot for their small allocation. Hopefully the pricing will mean we fill the home areas. 5000 for city fans? Maybe just under if you take away hospitality.

LOG

I'm sure that someone will correct me but i believe that such changes to the venue can only be made on safety grounds and that would normally be to reverse the home and away sides rather than to use a neutral ground.

Colesman Ballz

I'm sure that someone will correct me but i believe that such changes to the venue can only be made on safety grounds and that would normally be to reverse the home and away sides rather than to use a neutral ground.
I remember a case a couple of years ago when Havant and Waterloo played Millwall and after drawing at the New Den, Hampshire Plod wouldn't allow them to play at home, because of "previous" at a Pompey v Millwall. Ironically at plod's insistence it was played at Fratton Park and then the match was postponed. Plod then wanted paying twice over for the completely OTT presence, which threatened to not only cancel out all H & V's earnings from the Cup Run but threaten the Club's very existence too. IIRC after much public outcry they backed down ! At least D&C's finest will only have two sides of the ground to provide bodies for, and with just 350 visiting fans, no excuse for any OTT policing !

Antony Moxey

Plod don’t need an excuse, they’ll OTT it like they always do for ‘big’ matches. D&C must be the most inept force in the country at organising football coverage, but at the same time the most adept at milking the cash cow that is football. I suspect plod are rubbing their hands together at the prospect of a free overtime windfall to pay off those Christmas credit card bills.

Grecian68

Plod don’t need an excuse, they’ll OTT it like they always do for ‘big’ matches. D&C must be the most inept force in the country at organising football coverage, but at the same time the most adept at milking the cash cow that is football. I suspect plod are rubbing their hands together at the prospect of a free overtime windfall to pay off those Christmas credit card bills.
Agree with everything you've written here.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
We do not have any details about tickets for our third round Emirates FA Cup match against West Bromwich Albion to announce at the moment.

We are still waiting FA approval on our plans for the match before any details can be released.

Any chance of a neutral ground anyone??
What approval are we waiting for ? The tickets will be sold as per last time and the game will be played.

Why does anyone want a neutral ground ? If WBA had been drawn at home to us they wouldn't want a neutral ground would they ?

They will get their allocation of 350 ? tickets same as anyone else would, The rest will have to listen on the radio.

Boyo

Personally I think it should be played at SJP. The line on the Clubs website does suggest that a cunning plan of some nature is being hatched.

Switching the tie to Sandy Park anyone?

manc grecian

What approval are we waiting for ? The tickets will be sold as per last time and the game will be played.

Why does anyone want a neutral ground ? If WBA had been drawn at home to us they wouldn't want a neutral ground would they ?

They will get their allocation of 350 ? tickets same as anyone else would, The rest will have to listen on the radio.
Clubs are entitled to a higher percentage in the fa cup

Jazzi

Personally I think it should be played at SJP. The line on the Clubs website does suggest that a cunning plan of some nature is being hatched.

Switching the tie to Sandy Park anyone?
Cunning plan? I've read the same as you and nothing on the club website suggests anything like that at all.