Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: WBA Arrangements

Re: WBA Arrangements

Good point well made. I’m sure there’ll be a large police presence on Saturday thank to their ‘intelligence’. That and the need to pay off all those Christmas credit card bills...

Quote Originally Posted by Antony Moxey View Post
    Good point well made. I’m sure there’ll be a large police presence on Saturday thank to their ‘intelligence’. That and the need to pay off all those Christmas credit card bills...
    Perhaps they'll bring some police horses in from Wales, due to the evident lack of horses in the West Country. This massive crowd of 6000 will certainly need all kinds of security, especially the Hells' Granpas and Grandmas.

It will be interesting how far the "overkill" from D&C finest does go. Given that we probably gave them 380 tickets, 100 of which were siphoned of by the baggies for players and Directors mates, another 180 ish were offered to their Away Season Ticket Holders, and the rest to Season Tickets, the propensity for "trouble" is pretty minimal ! It should only be in the lowest risk category, with just minimal policing. It will be somewhat amusing to listen to any justification they might come up with, should they treat it like the Devon Derby will 1500 knuckle dragging janners in town, intent on mayhem !

Quote Originally Posted by Colesman Ballz View Post
    It will be interesting how far the "overkill" from D&C finest does go. Given that we probably gave them 380 tickets, 100 of which were siphoned of by the baggies for players and Directors mates, another 180 ish were offered to their Away Season Ticket Holders, and the rest to Season Tickets, the propensity for "trouble" is pretty minimal ! It should only be in the lowest risk category, with just minimal policing. It will be somewhat amusing to listen to any justification they might come up with, should they treat it like the Devon Derby will 1500 knuckle dragging janners in town, intent on mayhem !
    It should absolutely be low profile and low cop cost. Should.

Chasetown FC progressed through the early rounds of the Cup a few years ago and drew Oldham at home. It was televised live on the BBC. The Staffordshire police bill for their overkill on the day wiped out all the other profits.

My source for this anecdote is a friend who works at Staffordshire police HQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy The Fish View Post
    Chasetown FC progressed through the early rounds of the Cup a few years ago and drew Oldham at home. It was televised live on the BBC. The Staffordshire police bill for their overkill on the day wiped out all the other profits.

My source for this anecdote is a friend who works at Staffordshire police HQ.
    Not surprised.When we played Stafford Rangers in the Conference,There were about 30 old bill at the ground plus the bouncer type stewards(about 20 of them) this for a crowd total of about 900 inc 150 Grecians !!

I was chatting to a club steward about the overkill Policing & he said it was down to Police intelligence(laughter as he said it)..Probably used the same intelligence to root out Iraq’s ‘weapons of mass destruction’

As an aside, shocking behaviour by a West Ham fan towards Jake Livermore last night https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2018/janu...ake-livermore/

Quote Originally Posted by Oldsmobile-88 View Post
    Not surprised.When we played Stafford Rangers in the Conference,There were about 30 old bill at the ground plus the bouncer type stewards(about 20 of them) this for a crowd total of about 900 inc 150 Grecians !!

I was chatting to a club steward about the overkill Policing & he said it was down to Police intelligence(laughter as he said it)..Probably used the same intelligence to root out Iraq’s ‘weapons of mass destruction’
    I blame my dad. He was in the Royal Signals in the 50's when they built all the bases out there. I'm sure he mentioned he left a can of fly spray in Habbania!

Quote Originally Posted by Hants_red View Post
    As an aside, shocking behaviour by a West Ham fan towards Jake Livermore last night https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2018/janu...ake-livermore/
    It was a pretty dispiriting night all round for WBA, as forward James McClean returned home after the match to find his house had been burgled and ransacked. He confirmed that among the items stolen were his television and a 26,000 watch. Now I must admit to feeling a little less sympathy with that last revelation. Who the feck, really needs a 26k watch ? Many of us mere mortals in the real world, don't even bother with wearing a watch these days, content to use our mobiles instead !

Lets hope we can knock them out of the Cup on Saturday and pile even more misery on them !

Quote Originally Posted by Colesman Ballz View Post
    It was a pretty dispiriting night all round for WBA, as forward James McClean returned home after the match to find his house had been burgled and ransacked. He confirmed that among the items stolen were his television and a 26,000 watch. Now I must admit to feeling a little less sympathy with that last revelation. Who the feck, really needs a 26k watch ? Many of us mere mortals in the real world, don't even bother with wearing a watch these days, content to use our mobiles instead !

Lets hope we can knock them out of the Cup on Saturday and pile even more misery on them !
    Not wanting to digress too far from the OP, that seems to be the nature of football right now.
    26K for a watch, small beans really.
    One thing that resonated with me was from a fellow trustee.
    Untill recently, all PL clubs were given 1.15m per season to have the Barclays Bank logo on their shirt sleeves, they can now negotiate the deals themselves. One of the biggest beneficiaries seem to be Chelsea who could not even throw us (to them) a few sheckles for Ethan.
    I wonder what they would say if a club came in and offered them 3m right now.