Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: WBA Arrangements

Re: WBA Arrangements

Quote Originally Posted by paperclip View Post
    Is anyone else surprised however at the apparent lack of demand for tickets for a cup tie against a Premier League team?
    Not surprised one bit. Rather like Huddersfield, Swansea, Stoke and Bournemouth they’re a team that were in the same division as us not a million years ago, and a team we’ve beaten on their own patch too. They have no stars, don’t play particularly attractive football and are not a massive side. Plus by the time the game’s played we’ll have had a good number of games under our belts in close succession including a number of local away fixtures so couple that with Christmas expenditure, our indifferent form and the awful recent weather it doesn’t exactly give a lot to look forward to.

Personally I’m infinitely more interested in the fixture the following week against Coventry. At least we’ll be up against a first team rather than a bunch of U21s from a team whose only priority is staying in the Premiership.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Russell View Post
    Tickets I've bought have my name on. If I pass them on to others and there is trouble associated with those people, the comeback will be on me.
    "Here you go mate, just remember to bin the ticket when you're through the turnstile"
    I see where you're coming from Matt but where there's a will and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Antony Moxey View Post
    Not surprised one bit. Rather like Huddersfield, Swansea, Stoke and Bournemouth they’re a team that were in the same division as us not a million years ago, and a team we’ve beaten on their own patch too. They have no stars, don’t play particularly attractive football and are not a massive side. Plus by the time the game’s played we’ll have had a good number of games under our belts in close succession including a number of local away fixtures so couple that with Christmas expenditure, our indifferent form and the awful recent weather it doesn’t exactly give a lot to look forward to.

Personally I’m infinitely more interested in the fixture the following week against Coventry. At least we’ll be up against a first team rather than a bunch of U21s from a team whose only priority is staying in the Premiership.
    Well if it's so easy then we'll have no problem getting to the fourth round then, which we've spectacularly failed to do for donkeys years. If that isn't worth turning up for I don't know what is

Just got my e-mail as well saying that I can purchase another 4 tickets... very disappointing with the current reduced capacity...

I'm not a trust member nor membership holder anymore and they've just emailed me to say I can have 4

Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    I'm not a trust member nor membership holder anymore and they've just emailed me to say I can have 4
    Same here, haven't been for 5 or 6 years

Quote Originally Posted by denzel View Post
    Well if it's so easy then we'll have no problem getting to the fourth round then, which we've spectacularly failed to do for donkeys years. If that isn't worth turning up for I don't know what is
    Did you even read what I wrote? I said nothing whatsoever about the difficulty in winning the tie so what on earth are you on about: well if it’s so easy? I never said anything of the sort so don’t go making stuff up to make a point that doesn’t exist. I didn’t even say it wasn’t worth turning up for either, I was just giving reasons why people might not think the tie particularly attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashford Grecian View Post
    Just got my e-mail as well saying that I can purchase another 4 tickets... very disappointing with the current reduced capacity...
    You're disappointed that you can now purchase 4 tickets - or that there are still tickets to purchase?
    If the latter..............it's just an elongated selling process to ensure tickets go to the people who deserve them most - those who have a history with Exeter City.

Quote Originally Posted by Antony Moxey View Post
    Did you even read what I wrote? I said nothing whatsoever about the difficulty in winning the tie so what on earth are you on about: well if it’s so easy? I never said anything of the sort so don’t go making stuff up to make a point that doesn’t exist. I didn’t even say it wasn’t worth turning up for either, I was just giving reasons why people might not think the tie particularly attractive.
    "Doesn't exactly give a lot to look forward to". But there is.

"A bunch of U21s". Assume most people would think that was beatable

So you're going then? What was the point of your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    If you've been emailed, then the club has your info. "on the system". You are effectively a 'community' person, known to the club.