Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 78

Thread: Victoria Inn

  1. #41
    Oldsmobile-88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In RaWZ we trust....Amen.
    Posts
    12,398

    Re: Victoria Inn

    The Globe in Newtown is having a fundraiser for Rich Pike,a lad from Exeter who has had a accident in Spain & needs a medivac back to the UK.
    His mum,many of you might know from this forum is ECFC Girl(Gail)she does not post now but was a moderator for a few years,
    Anyone thinking of popping in it would be much appreciated,the pub opens at 1100 & there is a disco 1130-1430 & post match to raise money.

    https://www.gofundme.com/get-richard...ealthcare-fees

  2. #42

    Re: Victoria Inn

    What happened to him? Is the cost of treatment not covered at all by an EHIC (or is there a reason he needs to get back ASAP?).

    Sorry for the questions, the GoFundMe page is just a bit lacking.

  3. #43
    Oldsmobile-88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In RaWZ we trust....Amen.
    Posts
    12,398

    Re: Victoria Inn

    Quote Originally Posted by Temporarily Exiled View Post
    What happened to him? Is the cost of treatment not covered at all by an EHIC (or is there a reason he needs to get back ASAP?).

    Sorry for the questions, the GoFundMe page is just a bit lacking.
    To be honest,I do not know the full story.All I know is his mum is desperate to get him home..He was insured but this was invalidated for some reason..

  4. #44
    exeweb.com admin Hants_red's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Hants
    Posts
    39,011

    Re: Victoria Inn

    Exewebbers could donate a pound for every infraction point they got from Gail!

  5. #45
    exeweb.com admin Hants_red's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Hants
    Posts
    39,011

    Re: Victoria Inn

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldsmobile-88 View Post
    The Globe in Newtown is having a fundraiser for Rich Pike,a lad from Exeter who has had a accident in Spain & needs a medivac back to the UK.
    His mum,many of you might know from this forum is ECFC Girl(Gail)she does not post now but was a moderator for a few years,
    Anyone thinking of popping in it would be much appreciated,the pub opens at 1100 & there is a disco 1130-1430 & post match to raise money.

    https://www.gofundme.com/get-richard...ealthcare-fees
    Only half way there. C'mon Exewebbers show how generous we can be.

  6. #46

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hagley, Stourbridge
    Posts
    6,034

    Re: Victoria Inn

    Quote Originally Posted by Hants_red View Post
    Only half way there. C'mon Exewebbers show how generous we can be.
    I think it might help if someone could answer the questions at post 42

  7. #47
    Oldsmobile-88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In RaWZ we trust....Amen.
    Posts
    12,398

    Re: Victoria Inn

    Quote Originally Posted by andrew p long View Post
    I think it might help if someone could answer the questions at post 42
    The lad(Rich Pike) had a fall from a balcony..He has severe injuries & has been placed in a coma.

    I believe the issues with insurance are to do with having alcohol in this system(we all have a few drinks when unwinding on our holidays !)
    I have seen Gail mention that on a reply to someone on fb.

    We can all question the right & wrong of the insurance issue,but the important thing now is that Rich gets home to be near his young family (Gail & Andy have been in Spain since the accident)
    The first half has been raised.Any exeweb posters who can donate,please do.This is for someone who is close to a lot of us who follow the Grecians.

  8. #48
    Moderator RaeUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Kellow's Bootlaces
    Posts
    11,964

    Re: Victoria Inn

    Those of you inclined to tweet, please use the twitter button on the gofundme page and spread the request for help a little further.

  9. #49

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Looking for the cheese board
    Posts
    9,416

    Re: Victoria Inn

    Quote Originally Posted by David Treharne View Post
    Another change at the Vic this week. It appears to have had the freehold bought out and a new landlord.
    The lad behind the bar (who I think is the landlord) seemed a bit overwhelmed on Saturday, particularly by the rowdy Welsh lads that turned up and didn't seem to know what a round is. All a bit underprepared at the minute but will see what time brings. Currently no card payments, no premix soft drinks, kitchen not open etc. It might turn into a thriving business but I got the feeling that the 'opening' was rushed on the basis of needing cashflow. The Tribute tasted nice enough though.

  10. #50
    exeweb.com admin Hants_red's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Hants
    Posts
    39,011

    Re: Victoria Inn

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldsmobile-88 View Post
    The lad(Rich Pike) had a fall from a balcony..He has severe injuries & has been placed in a coma.

    I believe the issues with insurance are to do with having alcohol in this system(we all have a few drinks when unwinding on our holidays !)
    I have seen Gail mention that on a reply to someone on fb.

    We can all question the right & wrong of the insurance issue,but the important thing now is that Rich gets home to be near his young family (Gail & Andy have been in Spain since the accident)
    The first half has been raised.Any exeweb posters who can donate,please do.This is for someone who is close to a lot of us who follow the Grecians.
    Rich is now back in the UK and is in Derriford Hospital.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •