Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 115

Thread: Steve Perryman retiring

  1. #21

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Leamington Spa
    Posts
    513

    Re: Steve Perryman retiring

    Nice, genuine chap. I wish him a long and healthy retirement and thank him for his huge contribution.

    Not sure Sir Tis has too many useful contacts in the game, SP was instrumental in that side of things. Time will tell I guess.

  2. #22

    Re: Steve Perryman retiring

    As far as I can tell, we're all taking the Times piece as gospel and while I appreciate it's not the E&E, there's been no confirmation anywhere has there? If true, suspect he'll be a big loss in many, many ways - you don't easily replace that sort of knowledge.

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    exeter
    Posts
    4,273

    Re: Steve Perryman retiring

    Quote Originally Posted by ramone View Post
    Anyone who has taken the time to have a yap with Steve will know what a thoroughly decent guy he is and as been said a wealth of knowledge that will be greatly missed when he leaves us.

    Always has time to spare when approached either at the CnF , SJP or even just walking round town.

    Good luck Steve in whatever you do as and when you leave us.
    This pretty much echoes what i think. Also it's through steve perryman that my dad got to meet one of his footballing heroes jimmy greaves. So i'll be forever grateful to him for that.

  4. #24

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    IN A CITY WONDERLAND
    Posts
    795

    Re: Steve Perryman retiring

    im not convinced this is actually true...nothing else online that I can see and I suspect that Seabourne wouldn't have been signed and chatted about working with Tis and Perryman if he's been told the latter was leaving the following week, and i imagine if it was a notable factor in him re-signing it would have been mentioned to him that SP was leaving.

    Either way it would be a real loss for the club to lose SP in my opinion.
    Last edited by hienzeECFC; 11 December 2017 at 17:54.

  5. #25

    Re: Steve Perryman retiring

    Quote Originally Posted by hienzeECFC View Post
    im not convinced this is actually true...nothing else online that I can see and I suspect that Seabourne wouldn't have been signed and chatted about working with Tis and Perryman if he's been told the latter was leaving the following week, and i imagine if it was a notable factor in him re-signing it would have been mentioned to him that SP was leaving.

    Either way it would be a real loss for the club to lose SP in my opinion.
    I generally tend to go with the 'never believe anything until it's been officially denied' school of thought, but although there's been nothing from the club either way yet, given his age and past health issues I think we should be expecting to hear of his retirement in the not too distant future, even if the Times article does turn out not to be true.

    Regarding Seabourne's comments, he''s still got six months to work with him.
    Last edited by Red Bill; 11 December 2017 at 18:49.

  6. #26
    LOG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Playing the organ
    Posts
    25,166

    Re: Steve Perryman retiring

    According to someone on facebook (cast iron proof) he went into hospitality after a recent match and told the people there that he was going to retire at the end of the season.

  7. #27
    Larry Wilkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    760

    Re: Steve Perryman retiring

    Quote Originally Posted by LOG View Post
    According to someone on facebook (cast iron proof) he went into hospitality after a recent match and told the people there that he was going to retire at the end of the season.
    I heard this from a club steward earlier in the season and also was with a friend in the FGR hospitality. SP was on the table next to where I was stood and told the people he was sat with that this would be his last season in football, having been in the game for 50 years.

  8. #28

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In Limbo
    Posts
    12,102

    Re: Steve Perryman retiring

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Wilkie View Post
    I heard this from a club steward earlier in the season and also was with a friend in the FGR hospitality. SP was on the table next to where I was stood and told the people he was sat with that this would be his last season in football, having been in the game for 50 years.
    Considering his long career and his health issues he deserves to retire. Having said that, he might find that retirement doesn't suit.

  9. #29

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Avondale (Near Phoenix) Arizona, USA.
    Posts
    16,377

    Re: Steve Perryman retiring

    Quote Originally Posted by LOG View Post
    According to someone on facebook (cast iron proof) he went into hospitality after a recent match and told the people there that he was going to retire at the end of the season.
    Wow theres nailed on cast iron proof, if ever I saw it!

    LOG: Why have you got a photo of steady eddie Chorlton as your avatar? Or is it the US's own D**k Cheney?

  10. #30
    Snoop Fog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Exeter
    Posts
    2,990

    Re: Steve Perryman retiring

    So with Perryman retiring, Tagg dropping big hints that he's ready to move on next season, and Tisdale's contract end fast approaching with no new deal sorted then we could be losing all three amigos in one swoop.

    One thing you can guarantee is that if those 3 leave there will be a big culture change at the club.
    Last edited by Snoop Fog; 14 December 2017 at 23:51.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •