Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Steve Perryman retiring

Re: Steve Perryman retiring

Quote Originally Posted by STURTZ View Post
    Perryman has been good for the club.

He came to us when Blakey was leading us into oblivion and actually managed to steady the ship and saved us for a season. When things really went pear shaped and we had to metamorphosize into a trust run club he again was a valuable football link with our previous existence. I don't think he would have seen it as a money making opportunity, we were very publically skint. He provided a football figurehead to counter all the Michael Jackson, Darth Vadar kind of personality that was blighting the club.

We have made a lot of money out of transfers, sometimes getting much more than I could believe, and I think it was SP's presence and business nounce that helped us get such good deals. Any "expenses" he may have taken would surely be covered by the money he saved us and I wouldn't begrudge him.

I wish him well.
    Missed this previously. A spot on post Sturtz. Brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by antman View Post
    It's a real lack of style that people find it difficult just to leave this thread alone if they don't like SP. He's retiring, just be quiet if you haven't got anything nice to say, a simple matter of respect.
    People should be allowed to voice their opinions.

I don't particularly enjoy your input however I wouldn't be arrogant enough to tell you not to post.
    Last edited by The Proper Chap; 02 January 2018 at 22:28.

Quote Originally Posted by ramone View Post
    Not by very many i'm guessing , Those have left SJP for the egg chasers previously seem to have been coming back or even attending both on occasion.

Spoke to a guy this evening and the only reason he seems to go to watch rugby is he gets a free ticket quite often through corporate sources he knows out there and still pays to watch City.
    I don't think attendances have fallen under Tisdale : considering the four years of terrible home form attendances have held up very well. But wtf has your 2nd paragraph got to do with anything?

If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong !

I was replying to The Deluder comment on the previous page ...."It does make you wonder how much the clubs attendances would improve if Tisdale left. Or have these people since converted to the rugby? "

Really nice approachable chap, Enter Mr aka Ted Baker????

Wish him a long & happy retirement & thank you for what you have done for our club.

Ok, now SP has given us plenty of notice & looking forward what is going to be the plan? Are we going to replace him with another D of Football? Do we need another D of Football or has the work done by SP reached a natural conclusion? Would we better off utilising the salary released elsewhere? And importantly who will actually be involved in making such decisions; is it the Club Board or will the Trust Board have some input into this?
    I would be grateful for any input from anyone that has some knowledge in this regard.

Quote Originally Posted by budegrecian View Post
    Wish him a long & happy retirement & thank you for what you have done for our club.

Ok, now SP has given us plenty of notice & looking forward what is going to be the plan? Are we going to replace him with another D of Football? Do we need another D of Football or has the work done by SP reached a natural conclusion? Would we better off utilising the salary released elsewhere? And importantly who will actually be involved in making such decisions; is it the Club Board or will the Trust Board have some input into this?
    I would be grateful for any input from anyone that has some knowledge in this regard.
    Certainly in the past, SP's emolument came out of the overall football budget (NOT the playing budget I hasten to add, lest anyone should get "the wrong end of the stick" !). If that is still the case then I would assume, the money saved would go back into that pot. Although theoretically that would then be down to the manager to use as he saw fit, although any decision to replace him, I would expect to be subject to input and ratification, from the full Club Board (including the four trust members of that body).

Quote Originally Posted by budegrecian View Post

Really good post,someone looking to the future,rather than the past with some good questions,what the answer will be to those questions is anyone’s guess,but I would like to think there is a plan in the pipeline

Quote Originally Posted by Colesman Ballz View Post
    Certainly in the past, SP's emolument came out of the overall football budget (NOT the playing budget I hasten to add, lest anyone should get "the wrong end of the stick" !). If that is still the case then I would assume, the money saved would go back into that pot. Although theoretically that would then be down to the manager to use as he saw fit, although any decision to replace him, I would expect to be subject to input and ratification, from the full Club Board (including the four trust members of that body).
    So, in the past, what constituted the "football budget" as opposed to the playing budget?

Quote Originally Posted by malcolms View Post
    So, in the past, what constituted the "football budget" as opposed to the playing budget?
    I couldn't quote you the minute detail, but broadly speaking the playing budget would cover players salaries, and would be constrained by "Financial Fair Play Rules" as a percentage of the club's overall turnover. The rest of the football budget would cover everything else related to the first team, away travel and hotel costs, coaches salaries, medical costs, registration fees, Old Uncle Tom Cobbley and all. The Club's policy was to set the football budget for the season, and the manager given free rein to allocate it as he wished, providing he kept it within budget.