Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Steve Perryman retiring

Re: Steve Perryman retiring

Quote Originally Posted by antman View Post
    I'm not talking about the disagreements with the points he made, I'm talking about the questioning of his worth to the club. He's going, so those who don't like him should be happy.
    I find myself strangely torn by this thread. SP is clearly ****ed off that a group of 'non football people' have the cheek to question his view of things. It's odd because his attitude is, in some ways, reflected in the people he is criticising...So I find myself torn....Plenty of skeletons are rattling in the cupboard, which side will be the first to open the door and let them out?

Quote Originally Posted by antman View Post
    It is not standard practice for any club programme to have criticism of player performances included, even by inference, so it's not hard to see whoever it was who disagreed's point of view on this. You would wonder why it wasn't snuffed out editorially though.

It's a real lack of style that people find it difficult just to leave this thread alone if they don't like SP. He's retiring, just be quiet if you haven't got anything nice to say, a simple matter of respect.
    I’d agree with much of this. It’s very poor form to openly criticise any aspect of the club in an official medium. Unofficial or non club sites are where you air your views publicly, not the web page or programme. Although it was never said to me, it’s always something I was very careful about when writing the match reports.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Martin (CTID) View Post
    I do know her and can confirm that it is true. Both she and her mother were big supporters, travelling to nearly every away game together. They still appear in old photographs at the ground, even now. They seriously idolised Tis at one time. I will say no more.
    I know who you mean now..I did not know them personally but had a chat with them on a rare occasion that they travelled on the train.Nice people..A shame about the fall out with certain people at the club.They are in the wrong profession if they can’t take a bit of criticism.

It does make you wonder how much the clubs attendances would improve if Tisdale left. Or have these people since converted to the rugby?

Quote Originally Posted by Antony Moxey View Post
    it’s always something I was very careful about when writing the match reports.
    Missing your observations after the games at SJP...The same with Poultice for the away fixtures.

Quote Originally Posted by Antony Moxey View Post
    I’d agree with much of this. It’s very poor form to openly criticise any aspect of the club in an official medium. Unofficial or non club sites are where you air your views publicly, not the web page or programme. Although it was never said to me, it’s always something I was very careful about when writing the match reports.
    If I recall correctly the column was styled as an ordinary supporters exploits on away trips, I don’t remember it being particularly irreverent in content.
    It was during a time of particular control freakery from the playing side of the club I do seem to remember, so that may put some context to the decision at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolms View Post
    I find myself strangely torn by this thread. SP is clearly ****ed off that a group of 'non football people' have the cheek to question his view of things. It's odd because his attitude is, in some ways, reflected in the people he is criticising...So I find myself torn....Plenty of skeletons are rattling in the cupboard, which side will be the first to open the door and let them out?
    Your spot on and I too await that door opening as there seems to be very unhappy people at the club since the change of tisdales rolling contract.

I wish the We Own Our Football Club would stop as we clearly don't own it as nobody knows what the likes of SP does for the club to earn what they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Red View Post
    Your spot on and I too await that door opening as there seems to be very unhappy people at the club since the change of tisdales rolling contract.

I wish the We Own Our Football Club would stop as we clearly don't own it as nobody knows what the likes of SP does for the club to earn what they claim.
    The Trust is the majority shareholder so if you’re a Trust member then in a simplistic way you DO own the club, regardless of what people might earn or what their (lack of) knowledge might be regarding staff members’ job requirements.

Of course you could always ask them: I’ve always found the club’s staff more than willing to talk to fans at games.

Quote Originally Posted by tavyred View Post
    If I recall correctly the column was styled as an ordinary supporters exploits on away trips, I don’t remember it being particularly irreverent in content.
    It was during a time of particular control freakery from the playing side of the club I do seem to remember, so that may put some context to the decision at the time.
    Surely there could have been an apology from the editor in the next programme? To remove her from writing in the programme is very poor indeed. Probably around the time when the manager asked the local paper to remove marks out of 10 from the match reports.

If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong !

Quote Originally Posted by The deluder View Post
    It does make you wonder how much the clubs attendances would improve if Tisdale left. Or have these people since converted to the rugby?
    Not by very many i'm guessing , Those have left SJP for the egg chasers previously seem to have been coming back or even attending both on occasion.

Spoke to a guy this evening and the only reason he seems to go to watch rugby is he gets a free ticket quite often through corporate sources he knows out there and still pays to watch City.