Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve Perryman retiring

Re: Steve Perryman retiring

SP made great play of not needing the money and working for nothing when he initially became involved but I guess the Japanese nest egg has diminished somewhat over the years.

For a club the size, and model, of City to indulge itself with a paid 'Director of Football', without transparency on what the role entails exactly, has been a mistake. SP has distanced himself from the politics, therefore we can only conclude he would be of limited use as a buffer between Boards and the Footballing side. Other than an ambassadorial role, management mentor and cheerleader, who knows what he does/has done to justify any drawings, which is a pity really.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolms View Post
    It's an old chestnut Mox, but the reality is that virtually every club in our division and most in the one above, rely on Directors to undertake, without payment. the roles that Julian and others fulfil. This means that thousands of pounds have been spent unnecessarily. I'm sure SP has been a useful advisor and this may justify his contribution, but with the number of coaches we currently employ, his involvement is overkill...As others have said, if it could be established what he actually does, over and beyond being a shoulder for PT to lean on and a cheerleader on a Saturday, then it would help the case..
    I think that Steve Perryman's main area of expertise has been in contract negotiation, both for the buying and selling of players and also the contracts on which players are employed. Let's face it, when the Trust took over none of the newly appointed directors had any experience in this field so I think this was the prime reason that Steve was originally employed for. His contacts at high level have probably helped with what could reasonably be expected in maximising add ons in our sale contracts.
    Last edited by rightwing; 02 January 2018 at 12:07.

I concur wholly with Elgin's post above. I'm bored of writing the same post over and again about Perryman, Tisdale and Tagg but all three have benefitted hugely from Trust ownership and none of them would have got away with their failings at other clubs, nor I suspect been paid as handsomely as they have. There is evidently a huge sense of entitlement and indigence at the Trust daring to assert itself and all three clearly seem to think their is their club rather than the fans.

This obsession with Tisdale is completely absurd, narrow-minded and very small time. Things could well get worse without him Perryman and Tagg, but they could also be much better and much more enjoyable. There is little serious evidence that Tisdale is much more than an average manager with a decent-ish record of developing young talent. We are hardly the only club that has played and sold young players but we have pretty much the only manager who has been allowed to do it without fear of the sack.

I don't think the article itself is too bad but I also strongly dislike the implication that he has somehow done us a favour over the years. He has been paid a wage to seemingly do a job that nobody understands and has never had to answer to anybody. Who knows whether Perryman has been value for money because we don't know how much he costs or what he does. If our manager and Chief Executive/Chairman are unable to negotiation transfer fees then we should have found one who can. A Director of Football at a League Two club is clearly a laughable luxury and Perryman would have been best served to show a bit of gratitude and humility rather than take a swipe, presumably, at Trust Board members daring to ever tell TT&P No.

Quote Originally Posted by Hants_red View Post
    He hated Exeweb. Not sure that he ever came to grips with social media and that fans had a voice over what happens on the football pitch and also off the pitch. The original rose-tinter. Least he no longer tries to interfere with what is written on here.
    Wasn’t it at his behest Hants that a young woman supporter was ‘dropped’ from her column in the match day program because he perceived that she had unduly criticised a player at an away game?

Quote Originally Posted by tavyred View Post
    Wasn’t it at his behest Hants that a young woman supporter was ‘dropped’ from her column in the match day program because he perceived that she had unduly criticised a player at an away game?
    Not sure. It might have been Matt Oakley's complaint. I don't believe she's seen Exeter play since!

Not sure. It might have been Matt Oakley's complaint. I don't believe she's seen Exeter play since!
    Probably best he's not seen the fanzine then

If true that is really very sad. You would have thought some form of reconciliation might be possible. Perhaps the Trust might like to invite her to a game? This is one of many examples of the insular and small-time attitude of the powers that be and the sort of thing you would like to think doesn't/couldn't happen at a Trust owned football club.

If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong !

Quote Originally Posted by Bittners a Legend View Post
    If true that is really very sad. You would have thought some form of reconciliation might be possible. Perhaps the Trust might like to invite her to a game? This is one of many examples of the insular and small-time attitude of the powers that be and the sort of thing you would like to think doesn't/couldn't happen at a Trust owned football club.
    That's just it though .......... Both you and Hants don't know IF it is true !

Like a lot of things that go on either on here or at the club rumours become facts in a matter of minutes.

These type of posts are why I and some others get defensive towards the club when people tittle tattle what could be seen by others as a malicious post with no basis in fact.

It is most definitely true.

Quote Originally Posted by ramone View Post
    That's just it though .......... Both you and Hants don't know IF it is true !

Like a lot of things that go on either on here or at the club rumours become facts in a matter of minutes.

These type of posts are why I and some others get defensive towards the club when people tittle tattle what could be seen by others as a malicious post with no basis in fact.
    I'm sure that Hants wouldn't be putting his arrrse on the line if it wasn't true (why would he?)