Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve Perryman retiring

Re: Steve Perryman retiring

I've always found SP a pleasant person and I'd like to think that these quotes are taken out of context or other more supportive bits have not been reported.

But if they are a fair and accurate statement of his views, he could always think about leaving now so we can save his very substantial emoluments and use them to employ someone who believes in what the owners of the company are trying to achieve.

Pete is correct, at any other club he and Tis would not have been given the freedom and control they have had, or have lasted as long. The old saying about biting the dog springs to mind...

If true what he has said then i think it is a little bit rich coming from him. I have always found him a pleasant man to speak to an very approachable and wish him well in a deserved retirement, But he and other members of the club board and management seem to have treated the Trust board with little or no respect, Like "Do as you're told, There's a good chap" in a patronising way, They have put no money in, No risk to themselves financially and have used it as "Their Own Club" While the Trust members have put in 1000's of hours of unpaid work, Kept this club alive in its darkest days without asking or wanting any thanks because the Trust members are FANS of the club and will be here much longer than them.

But in saying that the Trust have only themselves to blame for allowing them to be rough rided by a few people and TBH seem to have very little power other than when the club comes cap in hand asking for money or bodies to help. So really SP is right, It is very political at the club but IMHO i do think that he is one of the reasons why its like that nowadays

Quote Originally Posted by DB9 View Post
    If true what he has said then i think it is a little bit rich coming from him. I have always found him a pleasant man to speak to an very approachable and wish him well in a deserved retirement, But he and other members of the club board and management seem to have treated the Trust board with little or no respect, Like "Do as you're told, There's a good chap" in a patronising way, They have put no money in, No risk to themselves financially and have used it as "Their Own Club" While the Trust members have put in 1000's of hours of unpaid work, Kept this club alive in its darkest days without asking or wanting any thanks because the Trust members are FANS of the club and will be here much longer than them.

But in saying that the Trust have only themselves to blame for allowing them to be rough rided by a few people and TBH seem to have very little power other than when the club comes cap in hand asking for money or bodies to help. So really SP is right, It is very political at the club but IMHO i do think that he is one of the reasons why its like that nowadays
    A very disappointing read perhaps those who felt he is part of a cartel that are looking after their best interests and doing quite well financially as a result were not so far off the mark.

Bye bye SP leech.

Quote Originally Posted by John William View Post
    But if they are a fair and accurate statement of his views, he could always think about leaving now so we can save his very substantial emoluments and use them to employ someone who believes in what the owners of the company are trying to achieve.
    I’m looking forward to the next incumbents at the top of the footballing side of the club, perhaps they’ll embrace the ownership model more warmly. All too often, as per Perryman’s latest offering it was used as a handy ready made excuse for failure.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolms View Post
    Steve Perryman is a good man who has done a great deal for the club. However, it is slightly disingenuous to suggest that "politics" have nudged him towards this decision. it fails to acknowledge the part that he played, together with one or two others, in providing fertile ground for the politicising of the process. I'm sure he's right about the ego driven ambitions of some, but this could be easily remedied by asking them to invest some of their hard earned cash in the fabric of the club, rather than enjoying a free ride...
    Excellent post Malc. I particularly like the "rather than enjoying a free ride bit" at the end. If the TT&P faction is beginning to fall apart - and I'm not seeing any particular evidence that it is, it'll be for the good of the club IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by elginCity View Post
    "Too political" and "ego driven" Disparaging comments there from SP, aimed at the Trust or Club board, I wonder ?
    Perhaps he means Tagg and Tisdale.

Well, he might.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteUSA View Post
    Excellent post Malc. I particularly like the "rather than enjoying a free ride bit" at the end. If the TT&P faction is beginning to fall apart - and I'm not seeing any particular evidence that it is, it'll be for the good of the club IMHO.
    Pete,with perryman retiring,and taggs AGM statement which inferred that he won't be around forever,I think that the TTP threesome maybe splitting sooner than later !

Quote Originally Posted by dontpassback View Post
    Pete,with perryman retiring,and taggs AGM statement which inferred that he won't be around forever,I think that the TTP threesome maybe splitting sooner than later !
    Perhaps Taggs AGM comments were to test the temperature, so to speak? Looking to see what the response and comments to the idea might be; like now!

Just an idea.

Would be interested to hear Russell and Ramone's comments on the views expressed in unison above. Rather than jumping on Pate USA perhaps they can reply to the posts by Malcs, Pete Martin, Don't Pass Back, Tavyred, Sexton Blake etc. on these very important matters? Do they agree wirh the c9mments above?

Health and happiness to all in 2018 and forever. Always remember that looking after you and yours' health is number one.
    Last edited by IndoMike; 31 December 2017 at 22:53.