Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve Perryman retiring

Re: Steve Perryman retiring

Quote Originally Posted by Billy The Fish View Post
    "Too political" and "ego driven" Disparaging comments there from SP, aimed at the Trust or Club board, I wonder ?

Quote Originally Posted by elginCity View Post
    "Too political" and "ego driven" Disparaging comments there from SP, aimed at the Trust or Club board, I wonder ?
    Trust run club, too political?
    That’s the whole point surely?

It's unfortunate that his references are so ambiguous that they can be interpreted in whichever way the various factions choose. In my experience, Steve Perryman is a good man who has done a great deal for the club. However, it is slightly disingenuous to suggest that "politics" have nudged him towards this decision. it fails to acknowledge the part that he played, together with one or two others, in providing fertile ground for the politicising of the process. I'm sure he's right about the ego driven ambitions of some, but this could be easily remedied by asking them to invest some of their hard earned cash in the fabric of the club, rather than enjoying a free ride...
    Last edited by malcolms; 31 December 2017 at 16:45.

It's certainly an interesting statement!

My interpretation is that he's unhappy that Tisdale has been served notice and no new contract has been agreed, and has no interest in working alongside anyone else.

My hope is that Tisdake moves upstairs to DoF duties, and someone else takes over the manager's role. I'd be happy to see Matt Oakley given a chance, to be honest.

Mr perrymans has been a good ambassador for exeter city,and is now retiring,however it's a tad disappointing that his farewell comments seem to be aimed at the trust,and once again he comes across as someone who thinks Paul tisdale is bigger than the club that employs him.i reiterate that it is very disappointing that his comments have come across as they have.i know they are open to people's interpretation but that's how it comes across to me,I may be wrong and I wish Steve perrymans all the best for the future !

It’s the sense of entitlement that grates with me. If the truth be known, the club’s recovery owes as much to the thousands of supporters who kept the faith during our conference years as it does someone like Perryman.

Stupid statement that didn’t need saying. Much as I like Perryman he does have plenty of previous for opening his gob and sticking his foot in it.

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at SJP

First Tagg & now perryman - there so blinkered & slightly immature in there criticism of the trust and blind faith in the manager.

You could just imagine those 3 sat there talking , Tagg , Tisdale & Perryman back slapping each other.

Quote Originally Posted by tavyred View Post
    Itís the sense of entitlement that grates with me. If the truth be known, the clubís recovery owes as much to the thousands of supporters who kept the faith during our conference years as it does someone like Perryman.
    Absolutely. Indeed, when PT was appointed there was Trust representation on the interviewing panel and it was with Trust support, way back in 2006, that PT was appointed in the first place.

Frankly, this goes back a long way in my opinion. Whilst they have tolerated Trust control, I don't think the club's football management has ever fully bought into the model.

I have always found that odd because, in any other model, I am not sure that any of the individuals who have been in place all these years would have lasted until now. In fact the level of interference of directors and club boards in the "football business" is often excessive and dwarfs that of a supporters' trust.

Cages were undoubtedly rattled last year over the manager's contract issue and have since been shaken in other ways.

It always seems to me that any comment or attempted involvement of the Trust in the football side of the business is not viewed with any enthusiasm if it interferes with the status quo.

Onwards and upwards!