• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is our squad and budget too big for Tisdale to handle ??

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I just had a look at our official website and counted the players who I consider to be fighting for first team squad places, the number I came to was 28 !!

This figure doesn't include a number of youth team players who are listed as part of our first team squad.

This is a very big number for a league two club, a few league two clubs are often struggling to fill their bench !

Given Tisdale's tendency to fiddle and put square pegs in round holes I wonder if our squad size and fairly sizeable budget will actually be our undoing this season.

Any thoughts ?

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
I hope you are wrong, and still expect us to do well. I do, however, agree with the large squad thing being something that Tis does not manage well. I believe some managers are much firmer and harder when it comes to dealing with personalities. I could be completely wrong as clearly i do not know him, but have always suspected he can be a bit touchy feely, and wants to keep them all happy all of the time which is impossible. I used to be considered paranoid for thinking he played certain people regularly due to having to agree to that to entice them to come and play for us, but still believe this is true in some cases. Antony Moxey expressed this much better than I ever could on another thread, but he needs to say this is my best team, play with no fear, and let others fear us, and only bring in the others for injuries or significant loss of form

Red Devon

only bring in the others for injuries or significant loss of form
Agree!

He was one step ahead of himself and thinking ahead to Tuesday...I don’t think he would have set up in the way he did today if wasn’t for the FGR replay...heaven knows why he thinks the players aren’t capable of playing two games in a week.

Last edited:

LDNGrecian

24 by my count.

Pym and Hamon

Sweeney and Wilson
TAH, Brown, JMT, Croll, Seaborne
Moxey and Woodman

James, Tillson, Taylor, Boateng, Harley
Holmes, Edwards,

Stockley, Reid, Jay, Brunt, McAlinden, Simpson.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
... This is a very big number for a league two club ...
No it isn't. 28 is about average size for League Two.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
24 by my count.

Pym and Hamon

Sweeney and Wilson
TAH, Brown, JMT, Croll, Seaborne
Moxey and Woodman

James, Tillson, Taylor, Boateng, Harley
Holmes, Edwards,

Stockley, Reid, Jay, Brunt, McAlinden, Simpson.
Storey, Byrne, Sparkes are all players who have been in and around the first team squad.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
No it isn't. 28 is about average size for League Two.
Really, I don't believe it and I don't believe you have any knowledge on other league 2 sides.

Last edited:

Langer

They could probably play three games in a week the question is if you want them at there absolute peak mentality and physically for game that could potentially bring in half a million quid then rest them I would say.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
They could probably play three games in a week the question is if you want them at there absolute peak mentality and physically for game that could potentially bring in half a million quid then rest them I would say.
We didn't rest the whole team, we rested our in form striker.

Are you expecting a Stockley hat trick in the replay ?

Red Devon

Points are worth more than money