• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City Community Trust

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Some good news today.

www.exetercitycommunitytrust.co.uk/blog/2017/12/05/city-community-trust-is-to-be-part-of-a-multi-million-pound-pilot-scheme-to-help-people-access-sport-and-physical-activity

The City Community Trust is going from strength to strength. This can only be good for the football club in the long term. Well done to all (y)

Terryhall

Surprised so few have commented on this - agree this is great news and well done to everyone invovled.

Red Bill

Well done to all involved, I know how much work has to go in to funding applications, particularly the 'Lottery', so they all deserve a big pat on the back.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
I attended a talk about the work of the CCT given by Jamie Vittles before the Accrington game. Very impressive. They seem to be going from strength to strength.

PeterF

this video was produced in the summer, which explains a bit more about CCT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KxXtnmj_x4

Brinty IFA

I have become more aware of the work that the CCT do. I know Pete Ferlie, through parkrun mainly, and they do seem to be doing more and more. The Mrs volunteers on a Weds morning at SJP with 'sporting memories' a thing they do to try and get vulnerable older men out to have a chat about sport. They seem to be going from strength to strength in helping the City, which can only be good! Actually, I was there last night for a Run Leaders First Aid course. CCT and Active Devon do seem to be working really well together for the City. This new funding is a massive coup.

Edit: writes a post praising Pete F at the same time that a 'Pete F' writes a post...........ooops! :)

Last edited:

PeterF

your cheque is in the post Martin!

PeterF

and this is what we got up to on Sunday.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83hFBs3uhoM

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
and this is what we got up to on Sunday.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83hFBs3uhoM
Running around the city centre was great fun on Sunday....think there was 642 of us that took part in the Santa Run hopefully it will continue to grow each year.

PeterF

Running around the city centre was great fun on Sunday....think there was 642 of us that took part in the Santa Run hopefully it will continue to grow each year.
the plan is to have 1000 Santa's across both runs by 2019.