Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1959676869

Thread: SJP redevelopment Plan A/B discussion

Re: SJP redevelopment Plan A/B discussion

Done some WoWs post moving, hope this is more conducive to a discussion being here.

Re: Update on the SJP works

Quote Originally Posted by Boyo View Post
    So you think the stand is embarrassing?
    I have a feeling Mr Yeo was being facetious.
    Last edited by Super Ronnie Jepson; 08 October 2018 at 21:43.

Quote Originally Posted by ramone View Post
    You are Pate's love child and I claim my 5.
    Someone was bound to find out in the end...

Quote Originally Posted by Colesman Ballz View Post
    No reason to copy other clubs, should be something original. How about a thatched Devon Pub to cater for all those thirsty big bankers ?
    I have a good name for that pub:
    https://www.thecheeserollerscheltenham.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Boyo View Post
    So you think the stand is embarrassing?

Quote Originally Posted by davemcmorrow View Post
    According to various websites the SJP pitch currently is 64 metres wide. This is 14 metres wider than the minimum width required. I'm definitely no expert but would making the whole pitch narrower for the duration of the redevelopment have been a possibility? Realistically this would have been for two seasons and in the close season the area that would have been within the hoarding would have had to be relaid.

The pitch could have been narrowed by a further 10 metres potentially enabling the new stand to be built further forward. You would however have had half a season with the new stand being miles away from the pitch once the fence was removed and the stand in use. Would there have been any remit in narrowing the pitch permanently slightly by say 2 metres to increase the area available to build on? Anyone know how our pitch width compares to other clubs?
    there is absolutely no way our pitch could be 14m less in width. It would be like playing on a ruler.

Quote Originally Posted by davemcmorrow View Post
    According to various websites the SJP pitch currently is 64 metres wide. This is 14 metres wider than the minimum width required. I'm definitely no expert but would making the whole pitch narrower for the duration of the redevelopment have been a possibility?
    Generally, football pitch widths can differ drastically between 50 and 100m. However the EFL stipulates that the minimum width should be 64m with a maximum width of 75m for League games. If our pitch is 64m that's the narrowest width permitted.
    https://www.efl.com/-more/governance...ion-4---clubs/

If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong !

Even if it was wider than 64 metres we aren't allowed to change the pitch size during the season without being possibly fined / deducted points for misconduct.

Quote Originally Posted by ramone View Post
    Even if it was wider than 64 metres we aren't allowed to change the pitch size during the season without being possibly fined / deducted points for misconduct.
    I remember when Stoke go into hot water after making their pitch narrower (to the minimum of 64 metres) to help Rory Delap's long throws. This was allowed as they presumably notified the league in accordance with the rules. They were however forced to widen it again to 68 metres for European games, which led to the odd sight of green dye covering the narrower PL line at their Europa League games.

If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong !

Re: SJP redevelopment Plan A/B discussion

Unless this is out of date they still have an undersized pitch http://www.football-stadiums.co.uk/a...the-same-size/