Page 18 of 69 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: SJP redevelopment Plan A/B discussion

Re: SJP redevelopment Plan A/B discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Boyo View Post
    Would 3 meter (width) path fit under the back of the stand? The current jungle path is certainly below pitch level. Additionally there's space to move the stand forward a meter or two - which is one of the reasons the pitch was moved a few years ago.

We've been led to believe the the stand we are receiving has been designed to allow future expansion. Is that right, or Exeweb fable? If correct, I wonder what the solution is in terms of providing toilet and refreshments facilities for patrons of the BB?
    I am pretty certain the facilities will be incorporated into the undercroft of any extension.
    But i wouldn't hold my breath for when that might happen if ever!

If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong !

Like Boyo can I ask where is the bit that says about any possible future extension to what we are having built ?

Quote Originally Posted by ramone View Post
    Like Boyo can I ask where is the bit that says about any possible future extension to what we are having built ?
    It's not hard, go to the development FAQ's.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Red Bill View Post
    Haha indeed, the difference between us being of course, that throughout this I've admitted, and I realise this may be a phrase you're unfamiliar with, that I don't know. You however continue to talk as if you do.
    If that's how you choose to interpret stuff then you can 'I don't know' to your comprehension skills too.

Quote Originally Posted by Antony Moxey View Post
    It also impinges on anyone attempting a throw in from that side of the pitch - there appears to be little if any gap between the touchline and the front of the stand.
    My taking on this is that the New OG will only extend about as far as the last red roof support, everything to the BB side of that is 'fake news'.

Once the steel work starts to be put in place in March we'll get a better idea as to the shape and extent of the New OG. In the 'Triangle' there is going to be a catering outlet, gents & ladies toilets plus disabled toilets and of course the turnstiles to provide entry to the BB. A lot of facilities to fit into a fairly small space and allowing for 'open space' for supporters to congregate on entry and while queuing for their pre & half time 'tasty morsels'!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Holloway View Post
    My taking on this is that the New OG will only extend about as far as the last red roof support, everything to the BB side of that is 'fake news'.

Once the steel work starts to be put in place in March we'll get a better idea as to the shape and extent of the New OG. In the 'Triangle' there is going to be a catering outlet, gents & ladies toilets plus disabled toilets and of course the turnstiles to provide entry to the BB. A lot of facilities to fit into a fairly small space and allowing for 'open space' for supporters to congregate on entry and while queuing for their pre & half time 'tasty morsels'!
    The planning permission documents show very accurately where the stand will be located.
    All people are speculating on is wether there is scope in the future to expand into the triangle and incorporate the big bank facilities underneath.
    The official website states the design is such that expansion is possible at some stage in the future.
    If you are commenting on the render I posted, I clearly stated that this was from the 2011 permission and nothing to do with the current plans and stand being constructed.
    I have a perfectly clear idea of the shape and extent of the new stand as does anyone else with half a brain who can read a plan.
    No need to throw about "fake news" comments.

I'm not sure where entirely , but somewhere in the planning documentation I read about a potential future phase two which could see (if we had the funds, and it was deemed necessary of course) the temporary style toilets replaced with permanent structures built underneath an extension to the stand.

I don't know how much extra this would provide( would estimate around 400 extra seats) and doubt it will happen as we would probably need to be regularly at the top of league one or trying to survive in the championship and getting gates of say 7000 with larger matches selling out for it to be considered a viable use of windfall money . Also whether we would get the permission is an issue.

I am excited for the development and congratulate all involved. I am hoping the look of that gap area will look neat and tidy , as it's just a minor shame that we will be One of the few league clubs with a significant gap containing no spectators. Oxford being the obvious example, maybe Bristol rovers another.

Quote Originally Posted by richard_portland View Post
    I'm not sure where entirely , but somewhere in the planning documentation I read about a potential future phase two which could see (if we had the funds, and it was deemed necessary of course) the temporary style toilets replaced with permanent structures built underneath an extension to the stand.

I don't know how much extra this would provide( would estimate around 400 extra seats) and doubt it will happen as we would probably need to be regularly at the top of league one or trying to survive in the championship and getting gates of say 7000 with larger matches selling out for it to be considered a viable use of windfall money . Also whether we would get the permission is an issue.

I am excited for the development and congratulate all involved. I am hoping the look of that gap area will look neat and tidy , as it's just a minor shame that we will be One of the few league clubs with a significant gap containing no spectators. Oxford being the obvious example, maybe Bristol rovers another.
    Pretty much my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Antony Moxey View Post
    If that's how you choose to interpret stuff then you can 'I don't know' to your comprehension skills too.
    I think anyone would struggle with comprehension when reading jibberish like that!

There is a workman standing on a square of what looks like a foundation, possibly of the catering/toilets area in the triangle. Would I be correct with that assumption?

Photo from the Club website