• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Which Replay will be televised?

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Firstly, is it 1, 2 or more that make the cut between the various TV bidders?

My own predictions

1) HEREFORD v FLEETWOOD is almost guaranteed...but by whom? BT and/or Sky have the money, but the Beeb own the copyright monopoly of the Ronnie Radford clips.

2) Gien the Beeb's reluctance these days to travel far from Salford CREWE v BLACKBURN or WIGAN v curses FYLDE ('again - yawn) could be good calls.

3) Knowing their love for (that execrable phrase) Cupset - at least up to Round 3 the British Borecasting Carperation might well even consider POSH v WOKING (or, even, CARLISLE v GILLINGHAM - just for the Scottish audience)

4) Which would leave just YEOVIL v PORT VALE or OURSELVES v FGR* rattling about at the bottom of the Westcountry Cheese Barrel
(*Unless some 'bright' young intern at BBC Sport happens upon the name 'Forest Green Rovers' and wondering not only 'who' are they but, even, 'WHERE are they' and persuades his bosses (in a lightbulb moment worthy of W1A) that they must be the ultimate in 'plucky non league minnows' - although, I concede, the 'where are they' logic could also be applied to Port Vale - plus they have Wobbie Rilliams as a celeb supporter.)

So ,in conclusion, I have concluded the our odds on being selected are slightly worse that those of being struck by lightning just as I'm off to collect my lottery jackpot.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Firstly, is it 1, 2 or more that make the cut between the various TV bidders?

My own predictions

1) HEREFORD v FLEETWOOD is almost guaranteed...but by whom? BT and/or Sky have the money, but the Beeb own the copyright monopoly of the Ronnie Radford clips.

2) Gien the Beeb's reluctance these days to travel far from Salford CREWE v BLACKBURN or WIGAN v curses FYLDE ('again - yawn) could be good calls.

3) Knowing their love for (that execrable phrase) Cupset - at least up to Round 3 the British Borecasting Carperation might well even consider POSH v WOKING (or, even, CARLISLE v GILLINGHAM - just for the Scottish audience)

4) Which would leave just YEOVIL v PORT VALE or OURSELVES v FGR* rattling about at the bottom of the Westcountry Cheese Barrel
(*Unless some 'bright' young intern at BBC Sport happens upon the name 'Forest Green Rovers' and wondering not only 'who' are they but, even, 'WHERE are they' and persuades his bosses (in a lightbulb moment worthy of W1A) that they must be the ultimate in 'plucky non league minnows' - although, I concede, the 'where are they' logic could also be applied to Port Vale - plus they have Wobbie Rilliams as a celeb supporter.)

So ,in conclusion, I have concluded the our odds on being selected are slightly worse that those of being struck by lightning just as I'm off to collect my lottery jackpot.
All depends on the draw G2K. If one of the replay winners gets to play one of the big 6, that will swing it
I think two are televised, both on BT. Hereford will be one of them.

Grecian2K

Don't the Beeb still get one as well? I'm sure they used to.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't the Beeb still get one as well? I'm sure they used to.
Only from the third round

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
All depends on the draw G2K. If one of the replay winners gets to play one of the big 6, that will swing it
I think two are televised, both on BT. Hereford will be one of them.
Woking the other.

andrew p long

Not Exeter-v- FGR,that's for sure. Frustratingly still can't confirm we'll be playing Tuesday week.

Exe on Valdez

An non-League v League tie will be televised. It’s what the BBC always do.

denzel

An non-League v League tie will be televised. It’s what the BBC always do.
Firstly, as said above, BT have both the games, not the beeb
Secondly I am sure we remember last season that sadly the game shown was Argyle v Newport, with the winner going to Anfield..

But as with many others, I suspect they will show the Hereford and either the Crewe or Woking games

Last edited:

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Hereford is nailed on especially given that Fleetwood only just snuck past non-league opposition in the last round late on as well

Not convinced City v FGR is that attractive for TV

Information

Another point is it is Midweek round of PL next week live on BT
So the TV replays will be on Mon and Thurs

So you would be playing
Sat then Mon
Or
Thu then Sat

Happy to be ignored by BT
They will have Hereford
And either Crewe or Peterborough

Last edited: