• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Why are we charging £20 for The FGR Replay?

citizen

So unsurprisingly City are charging £20 /£15 for Adults for the replay against Forest Green Rovers.
Yesterday FGR were charging£ £13/£11 for adults.
We have numerous games coming over the xmas period, surely we could at least match FGR pricing.
Oh yes ,they have a muti millionaire in charge and we are a fans run club ,we are no ordinary club ,I forgot .
UTC

Jazzi

We await your millions...............in the meantime, adding a roof costs more money.

citizen

We await your millions...............in the meantime, adding a roof costs more money.
No millions here chap,but It might be an idea to try and attract people to the game by reasonable pricing. I suppose IF we draw a Top 6 Premier****e team in the third round then more will attend,but if its Stevenage away then fewer will bother.
UTC

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Because, unlike some clubs these days, we still afford the FAC the dignity that it deserves?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Perhaps we could have done a deal for this replay and the Stevenage game, it's an expensive time of the year for the average fan.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Once again, a poor pricing structure, in my opinion.

Think it would have been a good idea to wait until the draw before deciding on the prices. A potential big tie and reduced prices could have enticed a big crowd for the match.

Matt Russell

Once again, a poor pricing structure, in my opinion.

Think it would have been a good idea to wait until the draw before deciding on the prices. A potential big tie and reduced prices could have enticed a big crowd for the match.
The announced prices are for the replay - Do keep up, what draw are you talking about?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
The announced prices are for the replay - Do keep up, what draw are you talking about?
It isn't rocket science, the possibility of a big third round tie could have dictated how much we charged, i.e. go to the FGR game and get some kind of priority regarding tickets for the possibility of a big third round match at SJP.

That is how you run a business properly, you look to capitalise on possible scenarios and plan ahead.

Last edited:

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
So unsurprisingly City are charging £20 /£15 for Adults for the replay against Forest Green Rovers.
Yesterday FGR were charging£ £13/£11 for adults.
We have numerous games coming over the xmas period, surely we could at least match FGR pricing.
Oh yes ,they have a muti millionaire in charge and we are a fans run club ,we are no ordinary club ,I forgot .
UTC
Yes. As I pointed out on another thread, they did that to try to increase their normal meagre attendance. In the event their attendance was 2,250, with 897 City fans. Their average attendance so far this season has been 2,447. You judge how successful their price reduction was.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thought it would be obvious what I meant. Had we waited until after Monday nights draw, before releasing the pricing details of the FGR replay, we would know what the potential prize would be in the 3rd round.

There obviously would be more hype around the replay if we knew a win could set up a match versus premiership opposition. The club could have used that hype and set the prices with the aim of getting a large amount of fans through the turnstiles.

Last edited: