• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Phil King Rejoins City

IBA

Unexpected news, the former Torquay United and Sheffield Wednesday starlet has answered the call to return to his first league club. King released by Cinderford in 2004 is hoping to slot into a City defence including TAH, Richard Massey and Jim McNicol.
Reports are reaching SJP that Aidan McCaffery and Keith Viney are also on high alert.

Last edited:

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Christ almighty, he must be old now! It was yonks ago he played for us and went on to greater things. He is definitely coming back as a player isn't he? Not a coach of some kind?

malcolms

Christ almighty, he must be old now! It was yonks ago he played for us and went on to greater things. He is definitely coming back as a player isn't he? Not a coach of some kind?
Pete FFS.... I'm in Las Vegas so I must be the only one in your timezone at the moment. Delete the message before the ******** brigade rip you to bits...... (facepalm)

PeteUSA

Too late mate. I did take a chance didnt I? (worry)

Anyway mate, I take it you're in Vegas alone? Dont forget the saying; what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas! Although in my case, it usually applies to the money I progressively feed into the slots! If you're going into, or are staying at the MGM Grand, the 'Wheel of Fortune' generally treats my family pretty well. Feeding it a $1 at time can be painful, but you do have to play max bets for a half decent return.

Last edited:

STURTZ

Got to be seen as funny.

PeteUSA

Got to be seen as funny.
What mate; me losing my shirt?

STURTZ

No Pete, you considering that 50 year old Phil King was being brought back as a player to be honest.

PeteUSA

Stanley Matthews played at 50 when he was back at Stoke City.

Tim Long

I hear we're going to re-sign Shaun Taylor and that Matt Taylor is back in training. So City can have a back three of Taylor, Taylor and Moore-Taylor.

CC

I hear we're going to re-sign Shaun Taylor and that Matt Taylor is back in training. So City can have a back three of Taylor, Taylor and Moore-Taylor.
Surely with Jake Taylor at right back as well?