Page 1 of 223 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Exeweb Advent Calendar XII

The Exeweb Advent Calendar XII

Yes, it’s a complete rip off of Lino's intro last year - I've had a few bevvies and I've no shame so here it is: The Exeweb Advent Calendar Quiz XII.

You should all know the drill by now but, to recap, a daily picture clue will be posted up until the grand finale on 24th December. Each clue will have pointage assigned to it based on how difficult or crap a clue it is. The answer will be something related to ECFC, Exeter or possibly even Devon.

Fridays will generally be fiendish, and there will be at least one 'multiball' day with literally* dozens of points on offer.

Lino's rules from yesteryear still apply:

• I can’t stop you from using an image search but I would ask you to take periodic looks in the mirror just to check that you can still face yourself and that your reflection hasn’t disappeared.
    • Rearing up will be tolerated, to a point, because I know how passionate you all are. Please remember though that there’s a person at the other end and I have feelings as well.
    • Workings must be shown. I understand though that this is a high-pressure environment where snoozing can lead to losing so if you want to fire off a quick one you can follow this up with workings in a subsequent post and I’ll then consider those posts as one. The follow up must be posted in a timely manner though and the longer you leave it the greater the chance of someone else nipping in around the back and tucking one in.
    • There is no limit on how many guesses you can have but if you start taking the **** there may be sanctions imposed. You will be warned first, mind.
    • The quizmater’s word is final.

The quizmater also reserves the right to award bonus points if something particularly tickles his fancy.

First clueage will be up around noon tomorrow.

*not literally but a good few

Re: The Exeweb Advent Calendar XII

Well at least i don't have to get up early.

Best of British, quizmater

Fiendish Friday, eh. Bound to be Scot or Steve.

Pondering the Post Cheeseassic Age as Lionel plays his organ and Stroudy rears up

Call me Mr Picky if you like but why will there be no Friday 1 December question ?

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair20000 View Post
    Call me Mr Picky if you like but why will there be no Friday 1 December question ?
    He's been on the pop. You need to walk a mile in Stroudy's shoes, Al.

Because then you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes.

Pondering the Post Cheeseassic Age as Lionel plays his organ and Stroudy rears up

I'm not fit to smell Stroudy's shoes let alone put them on Logger.

That sort of pendantry might be punished Al, watch out.

Good luck QM, bless you and all who sail in you.

Nothing in the Rhules about that Freddie and besides Stroudy is a very fair man with a proper sense of what is right and proportionate. I eschewed the opportunity to call Farce (as might have been legitimate) for the slip over the day of the first question.

I endorse your good wishes to the Quizmater of course.

Hope it all goes well Stroudy

Good luck all, looking forward to your stewardship of the QM mantle this year Stroudy.

See you all at noon-ish.

I can see your worry, Mr Al, but the Stroudy One has been on the sauce and we need to cut him some slacks. Probably two pairs'd do, but three to be on the safe side (you don't know what he's been drinking).