• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter vs Chelsea B prediction thread

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It would be good if can can win and earn some money!

Would expect Edwards and Wilson to start, with Jay and Sparkes up front and Hamon in goal.

I predict a hard fought 2-1 win in front of 2227 fans, including 2100 away fans.

Last edited:

Matt Russell

Or more probably 210 away fans?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Or more probably 210 away fans?
Nah, everyone's a Chelsea supporter.

Anyone doing a "pay up Chelsea" banner?

Exe on Valdez

I wouldn‘t normally say this, but we shouldn’t bust a gut playing to win. We can‘t qualify (although I can’t even be bothered to try to find the table) and we don‘t want any injuries before the FGR game, with potentially a much more significant prize attached to a win. That said, this will be a good game for the fringe players and we should avoid one of those fines which have become a feature of this devalued competition. I predict a defeat and in the least significant fixture of the season, for years in fact. Crowd somewhere around 1,000. I also predict the continued involvement of B teams as Harvey angles for a job with the Premier League.

Terryhall

If there's time to do one I'd happily chip in a sum to sponsor this.

Terryhall

I wouldn‘t normally say this, but we shouldn’t bust a gut playing to win. We can‘t qualify (although I can’t even be bothered to try to find the table) and we don‘t want any injuries before the FGR game, with potentially a much more significant prize attached to a win. That said, this will be a good game for the fringe players and we should avoid one of those fines which have become a feature of this devalued competition. I predict a defeat and in the least significant fixture of the season, for years in fact. Crowd somewhere around 1,000. I also predict the continued involvement of B teams as Harvey angles for a job with the Premier League.
I also thought we can't qualify but turns out we actually can as listed on the Checkatrade thread (but requires a pretty specific outcome of results for that to happen). Plus we earn 10k for a win.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster

Pompey chimes from the Big Bank - "Pay up Chelsea, Chelsea pay up!"

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I predict Mr Abramovich and Mr Tagg will meet up and there will be a handover of a suitcase full of dosh. Then Mr A will earn 10k of it back as Ethan scores to beat us watched by a few Chelsea plastics.

I also thought we can't qualify but turns out we actually can as listed on the Checkatrade thread (but requires a pretty specific outcome of results for that to happen). Plus we earn 10k for a win.
Tables etc. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017%E2%80%9318_EFL_Trophy

From https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/checkatrade-trophy/about-checkatrade/rules--regulations/
If two or more Clubs are equal on points on completion of the group Matches the following criteria are applied in the order give to determine their rankings:
goal difference; higher number of goals scored in the group Matches; number of wins (after normal time i.e. not the result of any drawn match followed by penalties); the record against each other in the group Match, taking into account in order of precedence, points gained, goal difference, higher number of goals scored; if the Clubs still have an equal ranking after the application of (A) to (C), by the drawing of lots.

By my calculations, we qualify if ... We win & Argyle lose ... unless the winning margin in both games is by one goal & Argyle score the same or more goals than us.

eg. City win 2-0, Argyle lose 0-1 ... City thru - Better Goal difference.
City win 1-0, Argyle lose 0-1 ... City thru - Same Goal difference & goals scored but City has more Wins.
City win 1-0 Argyle lose 1-2 ... Argyle thru - scored more goals.

nick_exmouth

The game is live on CHELSEA TV if you know anyone with a subscription or a friendly landlord who happens to get the channel?