• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Accrington Stanley matchday thread

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not started one of these in ages. Let’s hope we turn up and get the three points.

UTC

Last edited:

Rog H K

Get in Moomin. Time to slap yerself in the face City in front of the mirrors. You know who you isz! UTC.

Got 55/1so £550 for AS9 for my usual.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hope we can get back on track with some sensible tactics and performing goalscorers.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Dunno what the weather is doing daan saaf but it's snowing quite heavily here in the Midlands at the moment.

Should make a miserable journey for the Stanley fans - both of them.

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
Dunno what the weather is doing daan saaf but it's snowing quite heavily here in the Midlands at the moment.

Should make a miserable journey for the Stanley fans - both of them.
Frosty start here but blue and sunny. Hopefully the few showers expected later will come to nowt for the fanzine sellers.

Hoping city can turn it around today to give us something cheer about otherwise it's going to be a long cold day.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Setting off soon. It won't be any worse than at Crawley on Tuesday!

Jason's match preview http://www.exeweb.com/2017/11/24/next-up-exeter-city-vs-accrington-stanley-3/

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Need to turn it around today and stop the rot - any kind of win please COYR

David Treharne

It's currently 3c. Overnight temperature was down to zero. There's 49% light grey cloud cover, and bright sunshine. There was only a trace of precipitation overnight. The wind is blowing from the East at about force 2-3, but the barometer suggests it will move round to the NE and thence on to northerly. If there are showers I'd expect them to be rain rather than hail (famous last words?) but it should be chilly and very bright to watch the game this afternoon. Despite all the demolition work the pitch looks in great condition.
I'm puzzled as to what to expect this afternoon. Early season form suggested that we could be there ot thereabouts, but we seem to have lost our way. Will master tactician pull a master stroke or will it be more of the same. I fear the reintroduction of Harley.
Update at 13:00

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I fear the reintroduction of Harley.
Update at 13:00
I'm actually longing for it.

*not your update, although that will be welcome as always!

David Treharne

It's rained in the last hour, not huge or consistent quantities, but a shower nonetheless. The wind has gone round to WNW and it feels colder outside than the actual 7c. There's increased cloud cover, but the sun is starting to break through (until the next shower). It's gonna be a chilly watch, and sunglasses would seem to be an important option. Other than that a visit to FECRACE, a few questions about the lack of response over the AGM and [sorry Antman] no Harley.