• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

V10 Plan

KentGrecians

Who was behind the V10 idea? Did people think it was over ambitious at the time?

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Who was behind the V10 idea? Did people think it was over ambitious at the time?
In the dim and distant past, I believe the man charged with the idea was Paul Morrish. I think it was over 10 years ago; I'm not sure where he's at with it.

Terryhall

Wasn't it Norrie Stewart when he was our CEO?

triumph

And the V15 plan?

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wasn't it Norrie Stewart when he was our CEO?
Paul Morrish was the man behind V10, which was successfully completed. Just before he left, Norrie Stewart was in the process of formulating a longer term plan called 20/20 Vision which was aimed at establishing us in the Championship by 2020. Since Norrie left I don't think anyone else has taken it on.

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Paul Morrish was the man behind V10, which was successfully completed. Just before he left, Norrie Stewart was in the process of formulating a longer term plan called 20/20 Vision which was aimed at establishing us in the Championship by 2020. Since Norrie left I don't think anyone else has taken it on.
It wasn't aimed at establishing us in the Championship by 2020, it was aimed at the club being on a solid enough footing to be able to compete in the Championship. A subtle, but important, difference!

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Cheers Jase, that’s what I thought that the infrastructure was in place rather than the team (although it’d be nice if the team managed to include themselves too!).

Terryhall

It wasn't aimed at establishing us in the Championship by 2020, it was aimed at the club being on a solid enough footing to be able to compete in the Championship. A subtle, but important, difference!
Ah that's right, I was confusing the two.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sorry but I can't agree with that. I was great pals with Norrie at that time. We talked at length with reference to ground redevelopment and the need to incorporate sufficient off field generating capacity (as well as having sufficient ground capacity) to make us as competitive as we could be.

There is no point in having such an infrastructure in place without fully utilizing it.

David Treharne

In the dim and distant past, I believe the man charged with the idea was Paul Morrish. I think it was over 10 years ago; I'm not sure where he's at with it.
Absolutely correct Pete in part 1, it was actually 11 years ago is the answer to part 2, and can anybody (apart from Pete Martin and myself) actually recollect what was contained in the (very) flimsy document. The answer to the final part is therefore impossible for most people to answer.