• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Liam McAlinden

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
To my mind one of the factors which could well have a significant effect as to whether we finish top three or top seven will be Liam"s form.

This season he has shown that he can strike up a good partnership with both Reid and Stockley and he could well be the answer to the “Reid Stockley conundrum”. Giving PT the option of interchanging Reid and Stockley during games as he used to with strikers in the Conference days, although then he had the luxury of swapping pairs of strikers and giving our opponents a totally different set of problems to deal with.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Don’t bet your house on a top seven spot just yet SB there’s only a 5 point gap down to eighth place.

If we could find someone that works with Stockley as a pairing I would then pair Liam with Ruben who seem to click together, interchanging and double substitution could be the answer then.

The deluder

Would like to think that could be Matt Jay.

Alistair20000

Whatever the question is, I don’t think (with regret) Matt Jay is the answer.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
I wouldn't pin your hopes on McAlinden - I'd suggest Stockleys form will determine our fortunes this season

ECFC Music

I wouldn't pin your hopes on McAlinden - I'd suggest Stockleys form will determine our fortunes this season
Can't agree with any one man determining our fortune. There is no one head and shoulders above the rest to do that. It will be how they blend as a unit which seems to have gone sour at the moment.

hienzeECFC

I think the Brown/Moore-Taylor partnership will be our most crucial

Last edited:

Slogger

It's not a job for one man agreed, however!!! There seems to be a key player in most teams in terms of bringing a certain kind of energy to a game and his (LMc) is under valued in my opinion, Iv been watching individual players and haven't seen any off them show the same skills eg: speed, moving the ball quickly, successful pass rate, clever, just needs a bit more luck with goals as he takes a lot of shots that really could have gone in. That goal last week was class and the first attempt on Saturday was very clever and unfortunately saved. Around I really think he is a nasesity on the pitch.

Banksy

Taking the thread off course a bit , but assuming we receive a wedge for Amps , where do folk who watch regularly reckon the team should be strengthened with some of it to boost our autos chances?
Or have we got enough in our locker to do it with the existing players ?Guess , answering my own question , we should have.

IndoMike

Taking the thread off course a bit , but assuming we receive a wedge for Amps , where do folk who watch regularly reckon the team should be strengthened with some of it to boost our autos chances?
Or have we got enough in our locker to do it with the existing players ?Guess , answering my own question , we should have.
Maybe we won't have cover at RB in January. Plus we need someone like Harley or Noble as they were a few years back. Not sure if Tis is getting the best out of what we have at the moment. And Moxey is NOT a midfielder! He's a LEFT BACK !