• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Christmas & New Year Celebrations: Yay or Nay?

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
So, everyone rubbing their hands with glee at the thought of Christmas and New Year celebrations & parties or can't wait for it all to go away?

Alistair20000

Re: Christmas & New Year Celebrations ;: Yay or Nay?

It’s a Yay from rural Tedburn.

I was thinking of starting a thread inviting comments on new ideas for Xmas food and drink. Sex it up a bit like.

IndoMike

It’s a Yay from rural Tedburn.

I was thinking of starting a thread inviting comments on new ideas for Xmas food and drink. Sex it up a bit like.
Up to you, Ali. You can start a new thread if you want.

StroudGrecian

I shall think on the question, but a semi-colon followed by a colon is a definite nay. (n)

IndoMike

I shall think on the question, but a semi-colon followed by a colon is a definite nay. (n)
Haha. Yep : not a very normal use of punctuation there. Hants??!! Help !!

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member

Christmas = Yay. This year my Mum and stepdad have commandeered a small hotel in Sussex which we're in from 24th-27th, will be great fun. Staff party is on the 15th, will be rather inebriated as usual.

New Year = Nay. Ever since the Millennium when pubs (and restaurants, etc.) realised they could charge a fortune to let people in for a pint if they lay on a few sausage rolls I've not really bothered - it's all so forced anyway. Had the Missus not been working on the 30th we'd have headed down to Dorset (meaning a little trip to the Barnet match for me) but now not sure what we'll do. Might still head down after the Missus finishes work, dunno.

Joshyd123

I'm in between jobs meaning I've got out of one Xmas party but have been invited to the one with the new job (even though I dont start for another 10 days.)

Best part of the festive season is my birthday in the middle of Xmas and New Year.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Xmas party is on the day of the FA Cup 2nd round so will be missing it. Works Xmas lunch is on my day off so I can go and finish the wine!

We have a large cottage near Sanford hired for the Xmas week. Desperately hoping that someone covers my Wednesday shift so I get to spend more than a day and a half down in Devon.

Ps. Can't edit titles on my phone. Will have to wait unless another mod can change it.

IndoMike

Christmas = Yay. This year my Mum and stepdad have commandeered a small hotel in Sussex which we're in from 24th-27th, will be great fun. Staff party is on the 15th, will be rather inebriated as usual.

New Year = Nay. Ever since the Millennium when pubs (and restaurants, etc.) realised they could charge a fortune to let people in for a pint if they lay on a few sausage rolls I've not really bothered - it's all so forced anyway. Had the Missus not been working on the 30th we'd have headed down to Dorset (meaning a little trip to the Barnet match for me) but now not sure what we'll do. Might still head down after the Missus finishes work, dunno.
Sounds good. Agree about NYE, although when I was a student I wouldn't miss it for a million dollars. Here Xmas at 90C doesn't feel right, plus 86% Muslim population means it's a low profile affair.

IndoMike

Xmas party is on the day of the FA Cup 2nd round so will be missing it. Works Xmas lunch is on my day off so I can go and finish the wine!

We have a large cottage near Sanford hired for the Xmas week. Desperately hoping that someone covers my Wednesday shift so I get to spend more than a day and a half down in Devon.

Ps. Can't edit titles on my phone. Will have to wait unless another mod can change it.
Have fun. Never mind about changing the title : I will just have to learn to live with it..