• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Injured players

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
The club seems generally to be poor at giving any details of injuries, timescales etc

so what are the injuries of the following players and when are they due to return?

Ryan Harley
Luke Croll
Troy AH

I know Brunt is recovering from an ACL injury, Simpson a badly broken ankle, and Tillson a broken foot.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
You make a good point. This is an area in which the club seems to volunteer little, if any, information and the media choose not to press them.

Moreover, you say Brunt is recovering from an ACL and Simpson a badly broken ankle, but the former played at the beginning of the season, while the latter was on the bench, which rather begs the question what has happened to them subsequently?

Likewise, Croll was injured, returned shortly afterwards and now appears to have disappeared again with no explanation, while Harley was on the bench at SJP two or three games ago but, despite not making it onto the pitch, also seems to have endured some kind of setback.

Last edited:

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
You make a good point. This is an area in which the club seems to volunteer little, if any, information and the media choose not to press them.

Moreover, you say Brunt is recovering from an ACL and Simpson a badly broken ankle, but the former played at the beginning of the season, while the latter was on the bench, which rather begs the question what has happened to them subsequently?

Likewise, Croll was injured, returned shortly afterwards and now appears to have disappeared again with no explanation, while Harley was on the bench at SJP two or three games ago but, despite not making it onto the pitch, also seems to have endured some kind of setback.
I agree entirely. If it's confidential, I can't imagine the other clubs in Div 2 will be on high alert to see if they're fit or not. It seems to me other clubs are quite open about their player injuries. I guess it fits into the "none of our business" category.

Number13

If you look carefully enough back thru Tis' interviews, you'll find approximate timescales so presumably they still ring true? Do you want him to countdown their returns on a weekly basis?

Also, TAH, Harley, Simpson and Brunt are all available as people have said, they have sat on the bench and even played since the summer. Its just that they aren't good enough / not in the plans for the squad right now

KWSGrecian

Pretty sure someone posted the other day that Harley was injured for another week or so? Hasn't been on the bench this season has he

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
If you look carefully enough back thru Tis' interviews, you'll find approximate timescales so presumably they still ring true? Do you want him to countdown their returns on a weekly basis?

Also, TAH, Harley, Simpson and Brunt are all available as people have said, they have sat on the bench and even played since the summer. Its just that they aren't good enough / not in the plans for the squad right now
He's usually very vague. I remember that at the beginning of the season Tis regarding Moxey Tis was saying he was fit but it took a month to reappear. Other examples too that I unfortunately now escape my mind.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pretty sure someone posted the other day that Harley was injured for another week or so? Hasn't been on the bench this season has he
He has, and got on the pitch for 25 minutes in the first game v. Cambridge. But not for some while.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Likewise, Croll was injured, returned shortly afterwards and now appears to have disappeared again with no explanation.
He picked up another injury (Carlisle?) - word was he would be out for 2-3 months.

Angus

I think at our level and with our finances it's difficult to put a time scale on the injuries. Obviously prem clubs pay millions of pounds for doctors just for this information. I'm sure Tisdale isn't holding back, but he's just not taking anything for granted or giving any false information

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
What is actually wrong with Harley ?

On 1st September Tisdale said:

“Ryan Harley will still be another few weeks I think.”

A few weeks has turned into a few months.

I've been told he's been training for quite a while now yet no sign of him getting much game time.

If Tisdale no longer wants him around the place he needs to go asap, we cannot afford to be wasting resources on a player who I imagine is being paid relatively well.

Last edited: